Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transcode advice
14-02-2017, 04:10
RE: Transcode advice
Simon,
I updated my transcode statement to add this new filter via Minimwatch-Properties to
dsf(128):wav24;384

Then I both rescanned and restarted Minimserver. After that it appears that Minimstreamer is still transcoding all dsf files to wav24;384

Is there anything unique about the syntax of adding these filters that I should be aware of? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 09:21
I am not seeing this. Do you also have dsf:wav24;384 in stream.transcode? What is the exact complete value of this property?
14-02-2017, 14:24
(14-02-2017 09:21)simoncn Wrote:  I am not seeing this. Do you also have dsf:wav24;384 in stream.transcode? What is the exact complete value of this property?

I am traveling at the moment. I will post the actual values I have in stream.transcode when I return on Thursday evening
17-02-2017, 18:02
(14-02-2017 14:24)Roy Boy Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 09:21)simoncn Wrote:  I am not seeing this. Do you also have dsf:wav24;384 in stream.transcode? What is the exact complete value of this property?

I am traveling at the moment. I will post the actual values I have in stream.transcode when I return on Thursday evening
This is what I have for my stream.transcode statement:
dsf(128) :wav24;384, flac:wav

My dsf64 files are still getting transcoded to 24/384
Thanks for your insights
17-02-2017, 18:16
You might need to reload the LUMIN library (local cache) from the server. Any changes to transcoding settings won't take effect until you do this.

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you try a different control point?
17-02-2017, 19:01
I tried it with Kinksy and it behaves properly. So the issue with the Lumin control point app. Thanks. I will let them know
17-02-2017, 19:15
(17-02-2017 18:16)simoncn Wrote:  You might need to reload the LUMIN library (local cache) from the server. Any changes to transcoding settings won't take effect until you do this.

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you try a different control point?

Hi Simon, I hate to challenge the undoubted asymmetry of our knowledge base, but are you sure about this?

Won't Lumin just record in its local database what it saw when it scanned everything? So if it saw Flac files when it created to database, it won't know if you effectively change them to Wav files by transcoding. Until it rescans and presumably is told to consider everything that was a Flac as a Wav.
If you change metadata in a file, it will not show up in Lumin until you update its database. After all Lumin is just a list of addresses for Streamer and NAS to hook up with. If I am wrong, please explain.
Thanks
Donuk, dark downtown York
17-02-2017, 19:28 (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 19:28 by simoncn.)
MinimServer includes the transcoding setting (if applicable) as part of the stream URL. When LUMIN scans the library, it downloads all stream URLs to its local cache. Any change to transcoding settings requires all affected URLs to be downloaded again by LUMIN.
17-02-2017, 20:03
(17-02-2017 19:28)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer includes the transcoding setting (if applicable) as part of the stream URL. When LUMIN scans the library, it downloads all stream URLs to its local cache. Any change to transcoding settings requires all affected URLs to be downloaded again by LUMIN.

I did flip back and forth a few times playing the same DSF64 file from the Lumin control point and Kinsky control point through the Lumin A1. Each time with Kinsky the file played as DSD64...and with the Lumin app it was transcoded to wav 24/384
18-02-2017, 09:47
(17-02-2017 20:03)Roy Boy Wrote:  I did flip back and forth a few times playing the same DSF64 file from the Lumin control point and Kinsky control point through the Lumin A1. Each time with Kinsky the file played as DSD64...and with the Lumin app it was transcoded to wav 24/384

This is consistent with the LUMIN app having an out-of-date cached URL and Kinsky having the correct current value of the URL.