Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone actually using MusiCHI?
10-05-2016, 15:26
Is anyone actually using MusiCHI?
It seems it has a near fixed set of tags, and might thus not be very adaptable, or how is it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 22:40
RE: Is anyone actually using MusiCHI?
(10-05-2016 15:26)n3mmr Wrote:  It seems it has a near fixed set of tags, and might thus not be very adaptable, or how is it?

You probably best contact member Alpina_Lux
13-05-2016, 10:07
I'm using it. But only the tagging-tool. Many options, custom tags etc. Great tool to alter at once (part of) text in your tags. Predefined composer-set. Perfect suitable for classical music. Don't like the player: no Android support.
22-07-2016, 17:49
(12-05-2016 22:40)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 15:26)n3mmr Wrote:  It seems it has a near fixed set of tags, and might thus not be very adaptable, or how is it?

You probably best contact member Alpina_Lux
I do use it, but as my colleague here wrote also mainly the tagger as this is the part of the suite that has the most added value for me.

I have tagged about 5.500 CDs with it so far, and it contributed a great deal to making that process much, much faster than I anticipated. I now have a consistent set of composers and compositions in my whole digitised CD library due to this program. Its own database is updated regularly, and new composers / compositions have been added during the time I've been using it. Now you even have rather exotic composers in there, which is very good but of course sometimes obliges me to retag the works I tagged before without the specific MusiCHI meta data.

I believe I already posted some words about it elsewhere in this forum. Please let me know if you'd like to know anything else.