Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several albums do not play
04-05-2016, 16:12
Several albums do not play
I have some albums that do not play on my Linn DS, neither in Kazoo nor in Lumin (both on iPad) so I'm thinking that it might be a problem with Minimserver.

I have tried restarting both Minimserver and Kazoo, to no effect.

I try to attach two files, from songs by two different artists (KISS, Pink Floyd. Both files are originally in 24-96 AIFF format.
By the way, when I edit those files with Audacity (to cut out a small piece that I can upload), they are saved in Apple Signed 16bit PCM, is that OK?

I also upload the log (in verbose format).

Uploading is not possible: wrong format??? Now I don't know what to do...

Cheers,
Willem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 18:34
RE: Several albums do not play
A 24/96 file should not be encoded as 16-bit PCM. It should be encoded as 24-bit PCM.

MinimServer sends the Linn DS the exact file data that you have on disk. If the Linn DS does not play these files, there is something wrong with the format of the files, not with MinimServer. Are you able to play any other 24/96 AIFF files on the Linn DS?
04-05-2016, 18:59
Hi Simon. I can confirm that the DS plays other songs/files in 24-06 format. And also on various other formats such as 24-66 and 24-192; I've tried a couple of these as well.

So, it must be the files themselves then that are wrong?

Willem
04-05-2016, 20:04
(04-05-2016 18:59)whgmkeller Wrote:  Hi Simon. I can confirm that the DS plays other songs/files in 24-06 format. And also on various other formats such as 24-66 and 24-192; I've tried a couple of these as well.

So, it must be the files themselves then that are wrong?

Willem

If the other files that play OK are also in AIFF format, it is the AIFF files that don't play that are wrong.