Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver on Synology AC1900 Router ?
27-04-2016, 06:07
minimserver on Synology AC1900 Router ?
Hello I was wondering if minimserver can be installed on a Synology AC1900 router as :
>> this router is based on Synology DSM
>> this router embedd the following specifications (The RT1900ac uses the proven Broadcom BCM58622 chipset, featuring a Dual Core 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor paired with 4 GB Flash and 256 MB DDR3 RAM. The processor should be speedy enough for most tasks, but the small amount of RAM is potentially concerning for a device that offers so many features.)
>> we can connect USB HD to the router and manage it as a NAS.

If yes do you think that I could test the synology armv7 installation file ?

Thanks for your feedbacks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 18:24 (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 21:13 by simoncn.)
RE: minimserver on Synology AC1900 Router ?
(27-04-2016 06:07)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello I was wondering if minimserver can be installed on a Synology AC1900 router as :
>> this router is based on Synology DSM
>> this router embedd the following specifications (The RT1900ac uses the proven Broadcom BCM58622 chipset, featuring a Dual Core 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor paired with 4 GB Flash and 256 MB DDR3 RAM. The processor should be speedy enough for most tasks, but the small amount of RAM is potentially concerning for a device that offers so many features.)
>> we can connect USB HD to the router and manage it as a NAS.

If yes do you think that I could test the synology armv7 installation file ?

Thanks for your feedbacks

Does the Package Center on this device support Manual Install? If so, you could try installing the Synology MinimServer ARMv7 package. The small amount of RAM would be an issue.

If this doesn't work, you would need considerable Linux expertise to "hack into" this device and get MinimServer and Java to run. I would not be able to provide any support or help with this. If you want to try, it is probably easier to start with the Linux ARM hard-float package than the Synology ARMv7 package.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply