Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please with Live Radio
07-04-2016, 17:55 (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 18:00 by Budgie.)
Help Please with Live Radio
Hi Simon,
I have been using minimserver on Qnap NAS to serve my music collection to renderers on my lan. To date all the renderers have been Linn devices and I have been using BubbleDS for control.
As you know this control software offers live radio which I believe is a feature of the Linn device. Some time ago however I believe it was you who posted an m3u file with urls for live radio which could be selected as any other music file. This works with the above combination and so I have two ways of playing live radio on my Linn DS devices.
AFAIK I have never installed minimstreamer but the above setup works fine with the m3u file.

I have now run into a problem in that I wish to use a different non-Linn renderer and using BubbleUPNP for control.

With this setup I can select the m3u file and stations therein but none will play.
I posted a question on the BubbleUPNP forum and bubbleguum has replied indicating I should be using minimstreamer.

I am well out of my comfort zone here but will try adding minimstreamer to my NAS installation. My question however is why does it work on Linn with BubbleDS and not on another renderer with BubbleUPNP?
Please forgive dumb question.
Budgie

PS. Just seen I have minimstreamer installed already so that answers one question but not why other renderer does not work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2016, 18:56
RE: Help Please with Live Radio
This is a complex area and different renderers have different requirements for stream formats and how much detailed information they require about the stream at the browsing stage (as opposed to the playing stage). What is the non-Linn renderer you are using now?
07-04-2016, 19:08
(07-04-2016 18:56)simoncn Wrote:  This is a complex area and different renderers have different requirements for stream formats and how much detailed information they require about the stream at the browsing stage (as opposed to the playing stage). What is the non-Linn renderer you are using now?

Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply. I am trying two new devices, WDTV and Yamaha AV "receiver" RX-V679 with BubbleUPNP as control.

Both renderers are seen and with WDTV, which is connected to TV set and shows some metadata on screen, the selected radio programme is shown but alas no sound. Music tracks play fine.

Yamaha no radio sound but all the music tracks served by minimserver work fine.
Do you want the m3u file?
Regards,
Budgie
07-04-2016, 19:29
Hi Simon,
Bubbleguum sent me a link to another m3u file on a French HiFi Forum:-

http://forum-hifi.fr/attachment.php?aid=128.

It is working as I type on the WDTV. Will try on Yamaha and also on Linn and post results.
Regards,
Budgie