Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to sort by track number
01-04-2016, 20:45
Trying to sort by track number
I just installed minimserver and I am finding that all of the tracks in my albums are listed in alphabetical order instead of track number order. The TRACKNUMBER tag is populated on all of the tracks. I have tried to change the sort order, but have not been successful, despite reading through the manual and trying various things.

Can someone please provide the method for changing the track sort order to TRACKNUMBER?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 20:51
RE: Trying to sort by track number
(01-04-2016 20:45)aaron8489 Wrote:  I just installed minimserver and I am finding that all of the tracks in my albums are listed in alphabetical order instead of track number order. The TRACKNUMBER tag is populated on all of the tracks. I have tried to change the sort order, but have not been successful, despite reading through the manual and trying various things.

Can someone please provide the method for changing the track sort order to TRACKNUMBER?

Thanks

Which control point are you using? Some control points ignore the sort order sent by MinimServer and impose their own alphabetical sort order.

When you see the problem, are you browsing by folder?
01-04-2016, 21:15
(01-04-2016 20:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 20:45)aaron8489 Wrote:  I just installed minimserver and I am finding that all of the tracks in my albums are listed in alphabetical order instead of track number order. The TRACKNUMBER tag is populated on all of the tracks. I have tried to change the sort order, but have not been successful, despite reading through the manual and trying various things.

Thanks

Which control point are you using? Some control points ignore the sort order sent by MinimServer and impose their own alphabetical sort order.

When you see the problem, are you browsing by folder?

I'm using a FIIO X7 to access minimserver. The problem occurs when browsing in folder view or album view.
01-04-2016, 21:59 (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 21:59 by simoncn.)
(01-04-2016 21:15)aaron8489 Wrote:  I'm using a FIIO X7 to access minimserver. The problem occurs when browsing in folder view or album view.

Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages? There might be something about your TRACKNUMBER tag values that MinimServer doesn't like.

Can you try some other control point (for example, Linn Kinsky) to see whether you get the same issue?
01-04-2016, 22:09
(01-04-2016 21:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 21:15)aaron8489 Wrote:  I'm using a FIIO X7 to access minimserver. The problem occurs when browsing in folder view or album view.

Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages? There might be something about your TRACKNUMBER tag values that MinimServer doesn't like.

Can you try some other control point (for example, Linn Kinsky) to see whether you get the same issue?

I checked the log and saw nothing related to TRACKNUMBER.

Just for my clarification, is the default supposed to be track number order? I am not sure how to correctly the sort order.

I have no problem with JRiver using the Gizmo app on the FIIO. I'll try some other control points as you suggest.
01-04-2016, 22:30 (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 22:30 by simoncn.)
For tracks in the same album that have valid TRACKNUMBER tags, the default sort order (in both folder view and album view) is by track number.
01-04-2016, 22:41
(01-04-2016 22:30)simoncn Wrote:  For tracks in the same album that have valid TRACKNUMBER tags, the default sort order (in both folder view and album view) is by track number.

OK, I think the problem is with the FIIO X7 control point. The order is correct when I use Linn Kazoo.

Thanks for your help. My question has been answered.