Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add network location to contentDir
28-03-2016, 18:14
Add network location to contentDir
I am running MinimServer on a QNAP TS212-P and have two entries for MinimServer property contentDir which are paths on the NAS, all is fine
I wnat to add a path on my networked PC which is \\STUDY\Users\robert\Music when viewed in Windows Explorer
If I copy this verbatim into contentDir for MinimServer properties I get the error 'Not an absolute path; correct highlighted value and retry'
Can I actually add a network path as described above?
If so then what is the correct nomencalture for the path?
I know I could run MinimServer on my PC but if the above can be achieved then it's just a single UPNP point for all my music
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 20:00
RE: Add network location to contentDir
(28-03-2016 18:14)robgr Wrote:  I am running MinimServer on a QNAP TS212-P and have two entries for MinimServer property contentDir which are paths on the NAS, all is fine
I wnat to add a path on my networked PC which is \\STUDY\Users\robert\Music when viewed in Windows Explorer
If I copy this verbatim into contentDir for MinimServer properties I get the error 'Not an absolute path; correct highlighted value and retry'
Can I actually add a network path as described above?
If so then what is the correct nomencalture for the path?
I know I could run MinimServer on my PC but if the above can be achieved then it's just a single UPNP point for all my music

This is a Windows path. Your NAS is running Linux, so this path is not valid.

If you want to do this, I think you would need to mount the Windows shared folder on the Synology as described on this page. Adding a remote shared folder to the MinimServer contentDir settings will cause very slow scanning performance for the remote files and is therefore not recommended.
30-03-2016, 08:39
RE: Add network location to contentDir
Hi Simon,
Thank you for your help, given your reply I can live without the PC music via my HiFi streamer