Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sort by Date Added?
05-03-2016, 19:04
Sort by Date Added?
With over 3K albums in my collection, I find it hard to remember what I've added recently. Is there a way to sort by most recently added?
All of my music is stored in iTunes.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 19:35
RE: Sort by Date Added?
(05-03-2016 19:04)jcchristopher Wrote:  With over 3K albums in my collection, I find it hard to remember what I've added recently. Is there a way to sort by most recently added?
All of my music is stored in iTunes.
Thanks

This feature has been requested by other users and I am hoping to add support for it in a future version of MinimServer.
11-04-2016, 09:10
Thanks, it would be great feature Smile
25-04-2016, 10:35
In the meantime you can add a date added tag. You add -DateAdded in the index tags line via Minimwatch. You then add a tag DATE ADDED and (say) 2016-04 to the new album, using your tag editor. It's a bit clunky, but at least you can find the recent albums.

Like you say, with a large number of albums it's easy for recent additions to disappear.
01-10-2018, 15:53
I already have a ripped date tag in my files. But it's of the form YYYY-MM-DD which isn't giving me the results I wanted when I use it as an index because of the day part.

Is there a way of telling minimserver to use a substring of the full tag value so I can index on YYYY-MM to force a by-the-month grouping.

I've looked in the docs, but couldn't see anything... I'm open to being told I should have looked harder :-)
01-10-2018, 16:33
In the tagOptions property, add RipDate.yearMonth.index.sort (if your tag is named RipDate).
01-10-2018, 19:23
(01-10-2018 16:33)simoncn Wrote:  In the tagOptions property, add RipDate.yearMonth.index.sort (if your tag is named RipDate).

Thanks. Works nicely. I even found the bit in the manual where you describe how to do it.

One followup question. I'm writing an app on Android using the Cling API. When I request RipDate/2017-3/4 Albums I get 4 containers returned as I'd expect but the containers are not the same Java class as they are when Albums are requested via a different path. Normally the Cling API hands me Container of MusicAlbum, but in this case the classes are just Container. Below is a dump from a RIP_DATE request:

Type: Container, Container: 0$=RIP_DATE$12467$albums$185, title: Broken Boy Soldiers, children: 10
Properties: 6
Name: genre, Type: String, value: Alt. Rock
Name: date, Type: String, value: 2006-01-01
Name: artist, Role: Composer, value: The Raconteurs
Name: artist, Role: AlbumArtist, value: The Raconteurs
Name: artist, Role: null, value: The Raconteurs
Name: albumArtURI, Type: URI, value: http://172.16.2.10:9790/minimserver/*/Mu.../Cover.png

And this is from a request from an album from Artist/<album artist>/2 Albums for the same album:
Type: MusicAlbum, Container: 0$=Artist$18315$albums$*a185, title: Broken Boy Soldiers, children: 10
Properties: 6
Name: genre, Type: String, value: Alt. Rock
Name: date, Type: String, value: 2006-01-01
Name: artist, Role: Composer, value: The Raconteurs
Name: artist, Role: AlbumArtist, value: The Raconteurs
Name: artist, Role: null, value: The Raconteurs
Name: albumArtURI, Type: URI, value: http://172.16.2.10:9790/minimserver/*/Mu.../Cover.png

As you can see the container data appears to be identical, but Cling has not instantiated the former as MusicAlbum.
02-10-2018, 21:23
You would get a Container rather than a MusicAlbum if the album isn't complete, for example if one of the tracks in the album isn't tagged with the same RipDate as the other tracks. In this case, the incomplete album would have 10 children and one of these children would be a ">> Complete Album" menu choice.
03-10-2018, 14:44
I've been and checked the 'Broken Boy Soldiers' tracks using a Tag editor (Metatogger) and all tracks have the same tags and the same values, including RIP_DATE. I've included a screen print from the Tag editor showing the tags in the tracks.

If I follow the menu hierarchy, this is what I see for Broken By Soldiers, and I see the same pattern for the other three albums in 2018-06. In all cases the first track is missing from the menu that appears below ">> Complete Album" but present in ">> Complete Album/Broken Boy Soldiers" menu.

Is there anything else you can think of that could be an issue? Anything I can look for in the logs?

Code:
Ripped (The indexed RIP_DATE)
    2018-06
        4 Albums
            Awake Again
            Broken Boy Soldiers
                >> Complete Album
                    >> Hide Contents
                    Broken Boy Soldiers
                        Steady, As She Goes
                        Hands
                        Broken Boy Soldier
                Hands
                Broken Boy Soldier
                Intimate Secretary  
        Codex VI
        I'm Not Dead

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-10-2018, 14:54
Is it just the albums under 2018-06 that have the problem? Do all other yyyy-mm values show what you expect?