Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
14-09-2019, 11:59
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
(14-09-2019 11:34)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks very much for working through this and uploading a FreeBSD version of the current MinimServer ohNet zip file.

I tthink the current installation procedure for overwriting the ohNet zip file should be OK for FreeBSD users, thanks to your detailed instructions. The only problem would be if an online MinimServer update were to change the version of ohNet, as the new downloaded ohNet library would not work on FreeBSD. I don't think there is likely to be an online update to ohNet in the near term but it is something that I will consider for a possible future solution.

Fine so we leave it as it is.

Now another question came up when checking the latest lib-zip-files you provide. I saw that now these contain not just libohNet.so and libohNetJni.so like in the past, but .32 & .64 versions. Do you by any chance know by heart the command/option for gmake to create those variants? If not I'll find out, just let me know please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2019, 12:56
PM sent.
14-09-2019, 16:23
(14-09-2019 12:56)simoncn Wrote:  PM sent.

I'm afraid the PM function of this forum is broken. I assume this because I didn't get any PM, and I wrote you an PM to inform you about that, and it seems you didn't get this neither. :-) I suggest classic email?
14-09-2019, 17:13
It was my mistake. You should have the PM now.