Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control App and upload
09-01-2016, 18:31
Control App and upload
Hi.
Just a simple question, please:
using the last Minimserver on Win10 and the "Bubble UnPN" android App with my Pioneer LX58 player all connected with ethernet cables, I see that to find the renderer (Pioneer) is in real time, like it must be.
On the PC the yellow icon of the Minimserver change to green in some seconds and its fine too, but...to have the Music folder ready on the APP it takes about 6 (six!) minutes. Too much I think....
Any help?
Why?

Are there some other App instead "Bubble"?

Thankx, Luca
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 18:41
RE: Control App and upload
Luca, I don't think this is an issue with the Bubble app. I use it on my Android devices and see Minimserver quickly. There must be something happening on your network.
09-01-2016, 18:47
Yes, I think the same, too.
But...what is?

I repeat: to see the renderer (Pioneer player) is so fast and better is to said, is "on" at the time I press the ON button of the player...
On the PC the green icon of the minimserver is ready after some seconds I turn On the PC, but... before having the "media server/minimserver" ready on the mobile android...6 minutes!
I don't know...
09-01-2016, 18:49
(09-01-2016 18:47)Luca Wrote:  Yes, I think the same, too.
But...what is?

I repeat: to see the renderer (Pioneer player) is so fast and better is to said, is "on" at the time I press the ON button of the player...
On the PC the green icon of the minimserver is ready after some seconds I turn On the PC, but... before having the "media server/minimserver" ready on the mobile android...6 minutes!
I don't know...

This is probably caused by a problem with multicast discovery on your network. You can try disabling IGMP snooping on your router if you have this option.
09-01-2016, 18:52
?!?
Sorry I really don't understand...
Maybe its something too difficoult for my net-knowledge Undecided
10-01-2016, 09:14
(09-01-2016 18:52)Luca Wrote:  ?!?
Sorry I really don't understand...
Maybe its something too difficoult for my net-knowledge Undecided

Sorry to quote myself but maybe some expert guy can help me knowing what i saw about my home net...

Trying to install a printer via wifi (with usb cable is working normally) the software wrote: "not possible to install because printer and PC must share the same SSID net: PC is 198.168.0 and printer 198.168.1.111 or...something like that.."

But I have only one net and PC is on the internet while wifi devices like phones and iPads, too...

?!?
10-01-2016, 17:29
Luca, have yo tried going into your router settings and disabling IGMP? Also, it woul be a good test to install Minimwatch on another PC to see if takes a long time for it recognize Minimserver on your network.

For your printer you should either enable DHCP so that your route can assign tthe correct IP address or you should assign a fixed IP address.