Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer on DS209+II
06-01-2016, 11:07
MinimServer on DS209+II
Hi @ all and a Happy New Year,

I have done a little research to install MinimServer on my old DS209+II, DSM4.2-3255 and found out, that Java is the problem. There is no correct GLIBC version running on DSM4.x. But I was not willing to give up Wink
Here I found a solution to get Java 7U21 running on DS209+II:
http://chreggy.fr/thegeek/2012/01/10/cra...rpc-ds109/
But MinimServer fails to install. "Java is not installed or properly configured." Simon is there a possibility to overcome this or is it fully impossible to run MinimServer on DS209+II.
Thank you for your assistance.

Regards
Tobias
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 11:29
RE: MinimServer on DS209+II
MinimServer uses the $JAVA_HOME environment variable to find Java. If this variable isn't set, MinimServer checks the following standard locations:

/volume1/@appstore/java
/volume1/@appstore/java7/jre
/volume1/@appstore/java8/jre

Where is Java installed on your NAS? You can find this by typing 'which java' at an SSH command prompt.
06-01-2016, 12:11
Which java gives no output
there is a folder /volume1/@appstore/java7/bin but all empty
another one also empty is /volume1/@appstore/debian/powerpc/volume1/@appstore/java7/bin/
06-01-2016, 12:21
found something in here:
/volume1/@appstore/debian/powerpc/opt/ejre1.7.0_21/
06-01-2016, 13:29
(06-01-2016 12:21)tbe2013 Wrote:  found something in here:

This location is nonstandard and this is why the MinimServer install package can't find it.

The best solution is to uninstall the Java package you have installed and install the Java package described on this page. This Java installation package is supported by MinimServer and will put Java into the correct location for MinimServer to find it.

If this doesn't work, it might be possible to "hack" what you have installed to make it work but it would be better to use the supported package if possible.
06-01-2016, 13:57
(06-01-2016 13:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-01-2016 12:21)tbe2013 Wrote:  found something in here:

This location is nonstandard and this is why the MinimServer install package can't find it.

The best solution is to uninstall the Java package you have installed and install the Java package described on this page. This Java installation package is supported by MinimServer and will put Java into the correct location for MinimServer to find it.

If this doesn't work, it might be possible to "hack" what you have installed to make it work but it would be better to use the supported package if possible.

Agree, but the link you sent is were I was starting from. This package is not working with my processor due to the GLIBC version issue. Therefore it is not listed within my package center.
I was not able to find another JAVA package except the installed one and my Linux knowledge is limited.
06-01-2016, 15:02
(06-01-2016 13:57)tbe2013 Wrote:  Agree, but the link you sent is were I was starting from. This package is not working with my processor due to the GLIBC version issue. Therefore it is not listed within my package center.
I was not able to find another JAVA package except the installed one and my Linux knowledge is limited.

Did you try the Java 7 version of the package I referenced or the Java 8 version? The Java 8 version will not work because of GLIBC requirements. I would expect the Java 7 version to work.
06-01-2016, 15:41
(06-01-2016 15:02)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-01-2016 13:57)tbe2013 Wrote:  Agree, but the link you sent is were I was starting from. This package is not working with my processor due to the GLIBC version issue. Therefore it is not listed within my package center.

Did you try the Java 7 version of the package I referenced or the Java 8 version? The Java 8 version will not work because of GLIBC requirements. I would expect the Java 7 version to work.

Okay Simon, thank you. Now we are one step closer. Java 7 installation worked. I had to download the spk manually, because it is not showing up within package manager. Java and MinimServer are installed now, but MinimServer is not able to start. "MinimServer start error see system log"
Which log do you need?
06-01-2016, 15:47
Sorry Simon, I missed an error message which came up when I have restartet DiskStation within the Java PackageManager Log.
Java Log tells me that GLIBC_2.4 is missing. Looks like this version has the same problems Reported in other posts.
06-01-2016, 18:23
(06-01-2016 15:47)tbe2013 Wrote:  Sorry Simon, I missed an error message which came up when I have restartet DiskStation within the Java PackageManager Log.
Java Log tells me that GLIBC_2.4 is missing. Looks like this version has the same problems Reported in other posts.

Sorry to hear that and apologies for taking your time to try this. Please uninstall the pcloadletter Java 7 package before doing anything else.

When you installed the other Java package, did you run Java to check that it is working OK? You can do this by typing this command:

/volume1/@appstore/debian/powerpc/opt/ejre1.7.0_21/jre/bin/java -version

If this works, you can set a permanent link to Java by logging in via SSH as root (not admin) and typing these commands:

rm -rf /volume1/@appstore/java7
ln -s /volume1/@appstore/debian/powerpc/opt/ejre1.7.0_21 /volume1/@appstore/java7

This removes your current /volume1/@appstore/java7 directory and replaces it with a Linux symbolic link that should enable MinimServer to find the other Java package. After doing this, you should be able to install and start MinimServer.