Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting MinimServer from the command line - Synology 1513
22-12-2015, 21:05
Question Starting MinimServer from the command line - Synology 1513
How can I start MinimServer from the command line on Synology 1513?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 21:36
RE: Starting MinimServer from the command line - Synology 1513
(22-12-2015 21:05)rompolompo Wrote:  How can I start MinimServer from the command line on Synology 1513?

There is no support for this on Synology. Why do you want to do this?
22-12-2015, 21:45
If I stop MinimServer via the MinimWatch tool, there is no way for me (that I have found) to start it back up. I have to log in to Synology's interface and start it from the web page.
22-12-2015, 22:10
(22-12-2015 21:45)rompolompo Wrote:  If I stop MinimServer via the MinimWatch tool, there is no way for me (that I have found) to start it back up. I have to log in to Synology's interface and start it from the web page.

If you close the MinimServer application from MinimWatch, you need to use the Synology Package Center to relaunch MinimServer. You can stop and restart the MinimServer media server by using Stop and Restart from MinimWatch.
22-12-2015, 23:48
That is what I am trying to avoid. In other words, what command is triggered when I launch MinimServer from the Package Center?
23-12-2015, 14:34
(22-12-2015 23:48)rompolompo Wrote:  That is what I am trying to avoid. In other words, what command is triggered when I launch MinimServer from the Package Center?

The Package Center sets up a special environment and invokes a MinimServer startup script from within this special environment. The script wouldn't work if called from outside the special environment.

I don't understand what you are trying to do or why stopping and restarting MinimServer wouldn't work for you. If you can post more details of the usage scenario that is behind your question, I might be able to help suggest a solution.
24-12-2015, 02:50
I need the ability to start MinimServer in case it goes down. If the only way is from Package center then so be it. I just needed to know.