Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC HLS Radio Streams
20-03-2016, 11:23
RE: BBC HLS Radio Streams
(20-03-2016 10:54)hifih66 Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 14:08)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok, pulling out what's left of my hair now, does the screenshot below help to identify what's wrong?
Blind leading the blind now but I'll give it a try. Forgive me if these questions are obvious.

It looks good to me

Can you show us a screenshot of your packages tab, just to verify that minimstreamer package is installed?

Can you confirm that 192.168.1.254 is IP address of your server (and not your radio) and that the IP hasn't changed due to DHCP assignment?

Can you create C:\Music folder, add a music file (mp3 or flac work on mine), and add C:\Music to your content dir using the "+" tab and confirm that you can play the music file on your radio? On my radio this is done from the MusicPlayer/SharedMedia/MinimServer menu item.

What does your radio say, on the display, when you try to play these radio streams?

These steps may not solve your problem but will help me and hopefully others to fully understand.

Ok (the help is much appreciated) here's the SS of the packages. I can confirm the IP is my PC (and I've just checked that it's not changed).

You'll have to bear with me regarding setting-up a new folder...

On the radio, in "my added stations" I can find BBC Radio 2 HLS, when I choose it is says - connecting / loading / trying to reconnect and just hangs there.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 11:36
(20-03-2016 11:23)RobertsRevival Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 10:54)hifih66 Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 14:08)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok, pulling out what's left of my hair now, does the screenshot below help to identify what's wrong?
Blind leading the blind now but I'll give it a try. Forgive me if these questions are obvious.

It looks good to me

Can you show us a screenshot of your packages tab, just to verify that minimstreamer package is installed?

Can you confirm that 192.168.1.254 is IP address of your server (and not your radio) and that the IP hasn't changed due to DHCP assignment?

Can you create C:\Music folder, add a music file (mp3 or flac work on mine), and add C:\Music to your content dir using the "+" tab and confirm that you can play the music file on your radio? On my radio this is done from the MusicPlayer/SharedMedia/MinimServer menu item.

What does your radio say, on the display, when you try to play these radio streams?

These steps may not solve your problem but will help me and hopefully others to fully understand.

Ok (the help is much appreciated) here's the SS of the packages. I can confirm the IP is my PC (and I've just checked that it's not changed).

You'll have to bear with me regarding setting-up a new folder...

On the radio, in "my added stations" I can find BBC Radio 2 HLS, when I choose it is says - connecting / loading / trying to reconnect and just hangs there.

Ok set up that folder, on radio I find music player / shared media / minimserver / folder view / empty?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
20-03-2016, 11:42
I should add that I can access my music files via the radio anyway (not via minimserver).

20-03-2016, 13:24
(20-03-2016 11:42)RobertsRevival Wrote:  I should add that I can access my music files via the radio anyway (not via minimserver).

Well that seems to be the issue.

You should see both the folders you have specified in the contentDir boxes, at the / shared media / minimserver / folder view menu item on your radio.
(I see the two folders in my set up there.)

Until you can do this you won't be able to load either music or radio streams.

Did you click the "Apply" button after adding those lines to the contentDir boxes?
20-03-2016, 14:12
(20-03-2016 13:24)hifih66 Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 11:42)RobertsRevival Wrote:  I should add that I can access my music files via the radio anyway (not via minimserver).

Well that seems to be the issue.

You should see both the folders you have specified in the contentDir boxes, at the / shared media / minimserver / folder view menu item on your radio.
(I see the two folders in my set up there.)

Until you can do this you won't be able to load either music or radio streams.

Did you click the "Apply" button after adding those lines to the contentDir boxes?

Sad ... Ok thanks. I think I'll try starting again from the beginning, as as far as I can tell I've followed the instructions to the letter. I've wasted so much time trying! I'm wondering whether the instructions are assuming something that I am not aware of. To be honest I don't understand how it's supposed to work / how it all comes together. Thanks to all who've tried to help.Smile

20-03-2016, 21:52
Did you do a Rescan in MinimServer after making the contentDir changes? This is required in order for MinimServer to read the contents of your contentDir folders.
20-03-2016, 22:09
(19-03-2016 11:39)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok just to rule it out (and this must be a problem, if not the problem) the m3u file has saved as a winamp type and so is defaulting to open in winamp. How can I change this? I have tried browsing to find the minimserver, but can't find anything obvious to choose (recommended programs are VLC or Windows media). Alternatively, how do I get the m3u file to save as something other than a winamp type?Huh

The highlighted file in this screenshot is correct (it has an .m3u file type). All the other files in this folder are incorrect (it looks like they probably have .txt filetypes). In the screenshot attached to your other post showing a BBC Radio folder, it looks like you have put one of the incorrect files (with a .txt filetype) in the BBC Radio folder, which won't work.

To make it easier for you to see the actual filetypes of your files, it would be a good idea to change your Windows Explorer Folder options (View tab) to untick "Hide extensions for known file types". To show the Folder Options dialog, select "Organize" from any Explorer window, then select "Folder and search options".
20-03-2016, 22:14

The screenshot attached to this post shows that you have the wrong BBC Radio.m3u file in the BBC Radio folder. It should be the file that Windows Explorer is identifying as being of a Winamp type.

I also noticed that you have selected MP3 for the stream type in the Roberts dialog. The BBC HLS streams are AAC, not MP3. Does the Roberts dialog allow you to select AAC for the stream type?
21-03-2016, 08:06
(20-03-2016 22:14)simoncn Wrote:  I also noticed that you have selected MP3 for the stream type in the Roberts dialog. The BBC HLS streams are AAC, not MP3. Does the Roberts dialog allow you to select AAC for the stream type?

The Reciva portal doesn't have an AAC option, but MP3 works for AAC streams and probably others.
21-03-2016, 10:17
Thanks for all the recent tips folks. I'll have another look later (probably this evening now).