Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see Minim server on my Ipad
01-12-2015, 14:42
Can't see Minim server on my Ipad
Hello to everybody !!!

I'm new in this forum but I have heard very nice things about this software and I would like to enjoy it as well !!

My system is based on Assetnas with windows server and Linn Majik and Akurate.

The Majik I use as amply for the Akurate.

I have several server softwares installed but for many reasons I'm not happy about (Kinsky, Jriver, Assetupnp, Assetnas, Linn Kazoo), I don't want to spend your time on each one just I say that I would like a flexible server that allows me to sort Albums by genre, style (I include on this Album, Live Album, Alternate version), artist and so on.

Well my problem now is that I installed the MinimserverMinimServer (0.8.3a-install-x86.exe) but my Ipad doesn't see it, I mean all the other servers are visible except the Minimserver.
I noted a yellow icon on the right bottom of the screen that has changed on green, I selected the music library folder but anyway I cannot see the minimserver.

I attach for you some screenshots to better understand:
here enclosed Minimserver configuration on my Assetnas and some screenshots of my app Linn Kazoo and Lumin on my Ipad where you cannot see the minim server.

I really hope you can help me guys pleaseeeeee.

Thank you !!!!!!!

Ciao

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 15:30
RE: Can't see Minim server on my Ipad
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

This is probably caused by a firewall setting on ASSETNAS. You need the following ports open for MinimServer to work:

tcp/9790, tcp/9791, udp/1900
01-12-2015, 16:22
Thank you Simon !

Any good idea on how to open these ports ? Because I'm not experienced on this and I don't want to cause some disaster ... Confused
01-12-2015, 16:40
(01-12-2015 16:22)The Legend Wrote:  Thank you Simon !

Any good idea on how to open these ports ? Because I'm not experienced on this and I don't want to cause some disaster ... Confused

It looks like AssetNAS is running Windows Home Server, so you should be able to login and completely disable the Windows firewall to confirm that this is the cause of the problem. To fix it, you need to add firewall rules to allow inbound connections to Java Platform SE binary.
01-12-2015, 16:49
Ok I understand, before all I will go home tonight and report all kinds of search to browse my music. If these sortings (or most of them) are possible I will go on and solve the problem with firewall ... for sure Big Grin
02-12-2015, 10:39
(01-12-2015 16:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 16:22)The Legend Wrote:  Thank you Simon !

It looks like AssetNAS is running Windows Home Server, so you should be able to login and completely disable the Windows firewall to confirm that this is the cause of the problem. To fix it, you need to add firewall rules to allow inbound connections to Java Platform SE binary.

Simon you don't know how much I'm grateful to you !!!! Yesterday night I squeeze my brain and I did the work on the Firewall and it works !!!!!
Now I can finally enjoy my MUSIC ..... aaaaahhhhh

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
Ciao