Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAV24 transcode shows 16bit on Aries
26-11-2015, 09:42
WAV24 transcode shows 16bit on Aries
Hi Everyone,
I'm just discovering the wonders of MinimServer and MinimStreamer.
I'm connecting with an Auralic Aries via Lightning DS.

I've set up a Transcode as shown in the image for ALAC and FLAC to WAV24

but the app still shows 16bit.

Is this just a display error or is the transcoding not working properly? How can I tell?

Thanks, Syd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2015, 11:04
RE: WAV24 transcode shows 16bit on Aries
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

After you change transcoding settings, you need to make sure the control point reloads its track information from the server. The way to do this depends on which control point you are using. I believe Lightning DS uses a local cache for this information. You might need to clear this cache (if possible) or restart Lightning DS. If that doesn't help, try restarting MinimServer or doing a MinimServer rescan. You will know you have been successful when you see the app display showing 24 bits.
26-11-2015, 12:50 (This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 13:15 by syd.)
Hi Simon,
I've found the problem.
It seems a track that's in a Playlist in the Lightning DS App doesn't refresh even after rebuilding the cache.
Playing back a track from the Artist/Album display will get the correct transcoding info, but not when playing back from a playlist.

Not sure how I can force a refresh of the playlist on the Lightning DS at this stage. Can anyone else help?

Syd
26-11-2015, 13:18
Hi Simon,
WAV24 now shows as 32bit on the Lightning DS app.
Is this correct?
Syd
26-11-2015, 16:45
(26-11-2015 12:50)syd Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I've found the problem.
It seems a track that's in a Playlist in the Lightning DS App doesn't refresh even after rebuilding the cache.
Playing back a track from the Artist/Album display will get the correct transcoding info, but not when playing back from a playlist.

Not sure how I can force a refresh of the playlist on the Lightning DS at this stage. Can anyone else help?

Syd

The transcoding information is saved as part of the track URL. If the playlist is storing track URLs, the tracks in the playlist won't have transcoding enabled. I think you will probably need to create the playlist again to get transcoding enabled.
26-11-2015, 16:46
(26-11-2015 13:18)syd Wrote:  Hi Simon,
WAV24 now shows as 32bit on the Lightning DS app.
Is this correct?
Syd

It might be that the Auralic is rounding up 24 to 32 before playback. You could ask Auralic about this.