Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presentation of multi-artist data in All Artists view
11-10-2015, 11:47
RE: Presentation of multi-artist data in All Artists view
(11-10-2015 09:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 08:35)ac16161 Wrote:  Thanks - this is very interesting. My installation of dBpoweramp is showing the Artist as "Marc Almond; Gene Pitney", yet numerous other applications (MinimServer, Foobar, MP3Tag) show the Artist as "Marc Almond/Gene Pitney". I have always taken dBpoweramp's tag representation for granted. Curiously, it does know that there are multiple contributing artists since upon conversion to FLAC I get a correct multi-artist entry that all other programs recognise. Hence when I converted my problem ALAC files (which had been created with dBpoweramp), all the multi-artist issues with those files were resolved. So, looks like I'm heading over to the dBpoweramp forum to try and find out more.

Appreciate the time taken to look at this.

All this suggests that dBpoweramp is treating the '/' character as a multi-tag separator. This isn't compliant with the tagging standards for M4A files.

Think this has to be the case. I changed Artist using MP3Tag to "Marc Almond\\Gene Pitney" and the multi-artist attribute is correctly detected by MinimServer and by my Logitech Media Server library (which is now looking much tidier as well). The only application that is now confused is dBpoweramp itself, when I right-click on the file poor Gene is now mssing from the Artist tag according to dBpoweramp, yet he is still there. I'll see if I can get a comment on this via the dBpoweramp forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply