Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer on a Synology NAS
18-09-2015, 09:31
MinimStreamer on a Synology NAS
I run MinimServer + MinimStreamer on Windows 10 and it works perfectly well. Today I noticed that MinimStreamer is also available as a package in my Synology NAS DS215j and installed it (plus Java). Now I can listen to the music on my Marantz coming directly via Synology I and do not have to start my PC or notebook.
The only disadvantage of this method is that I cannot use the playlists (eg BBC.m3u) which I enjoy when running MinimServer in Windows. I did not find any option to install MinimStreamer in Synology, did I overlook somwthing or is it not possible?
Hubert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 22:27
RE: MinimStreamer on a Synology NAS
(18-09-2015 09:31)Hubert Wrote:  I run MinimServer + MinimStreamer on Windows 10 and it works perfectly well. Today I noticed that MinimStreamer is also available as a package in my Synology NAS DS215j and installed it (plus Java). Now I can listen to the music on my Marantz coming directly via Synology I and do not have to start my PC or notebook.
The only disadvantage of this method is that I cannot use the playlists (eg BBC.m3u) which I enjoy when running MinimServer in Windows. I did not find any option to install MinimStreamer in Synology, did I overlook somwthing or is it not possible?
Hubert

To install MinimStreamer on Synology, you need to install MinimWatch on Windows and then do the following:

1) From the minim icon on Windows that represents MinimServer on Synology, select Properties

2) Select the Packages tab of the Properties window

3) Install MinimStreamer

4) After MinimStreamer has been installed successfully, click the Relaunch button
18-09-2015, 23:51 (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 23:52 by DavidHB.)
(18-09-2015 09:31)Hubert Wrote:  The only disadvantage of this method is that I cannot use the playlists (eg BBC.m3u) which I enjoy when running MinimServer in Windows.

For radio station playlists, if you copy the .m3u files to a location (I would suggest a dedicated 'Playlists' folder) in the music folder on your NAS referenced by MinimServer, then do a rescan from MinimWatch, you will find that MinimServer will pick them up, and will provide a Playlists entry in the top level menu which you can access from your control point. It is a good idea to have the MinimServer log open from MinimWatch when you do the rescan, to make sure that there are no errors.

If you use playlist files with your stored music, you can re-create them on the NAS, but they will need to have the correct file paths. The easiest way to do this is to use Playlist Creator, which has a simple drag-and-drop interface. You need to tick the option (in Settings>Playlist Details) to use forward slashes instead of backslashes in file paths, and to save your .m3u files to the Playlists folder. The rescan/log procedure with MinimWatch is the same as for the radio station lists.

David
19-09-2015, 09:41
The problem was solved in a few minutes. Thank you so much for your assistance!