Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding Dop Files back to DSD
14-09-2015, 22:16
Transcoding Dop Files back to DSD
Hi,

My new stream handles directly DSD streamed using an I2S link to a DAC.

But it does not work with Dop Files (need of USB connection to recognize Dop Files).

Is there a way with MiniStreamer to convert Dop Files to a pure DSD format (as DSF files) ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2015, 05:03
RE: Transcoding Dop Files back to DSD
Most systems convert DSD files to DoP automatically as part of the playback process; in other words, there is no separate DoP file stored on the music server. I believe that it is possible to actually convert and store a file as DoP, but this is unusual.

Assuming that your DSD is being converted to DoP "on the fly" then all you need to do is tell the software not to perform the conversion. In MinimWatch, choose Properties/System, then in the stream.transcode field make sure that the setting "dsf:dopwav" [no quotation marks] is NOT present; delete it if it's there.
17-09-2015, 22:01
RE: Transcoding Dop Files back to DSD
(14-09-2015 22:16)laurent69 Wrote:  Hi,

My new stream handles directly DSD streamed using an I2S link to a DAC.

But it does not work with Dop Files (need of USB connection to recognize Dop Files).

Is there a way with MiniStreamer to convert Dop Files to a pure DSD format (as DSF files) ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

MinimServer and MinimStreamer are not able to detect that a .wav file contains DoP-encoded DSD data within the WAV stream.

If you are using MinimServer/MinimStreamer, you should use the 'dopwav' transcoding output type to produce a DoP/WAV transcoded stream "on the fly" rather than storing a DoP stream within a WAV file. This enables the original DSF or DFF audio file to be played on either a DoP renderer or a native DSD renderer by changing the transcoding settings.