Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID3v2.4 with Cover Art
02-08-2015, 15:40
ID3v2.4 with Cover Art
A hardware device displays corrupted cover art when it is embedded using ID3v2.4. This happends with MinimServer, but also using other server software.

I tried alot of things:
-ID3v2.3 works fine, but then multiple genres doesn't work anymore.
-Was using Mp3Tag, searched other tagging software for ID3v2.4, found only MusicBrainz Picard an TheGodFather, none solved the problem.

Now I found this post here, mentioning that there is a bug in MinimServer when sending the cover art from ID3v2.4 to a control point:
http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...749#pid749

Was that fix suggest by simoncn done sometime, or is it still pending???

Best regards
Manuel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 17:05 (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 17:05 by simoncn.)
RE: ID3v2.4 with Cover Art
(02-08-2015 15:40)montelupo Wrote:  A hardware device displays corrupted cover art when it is embedded using ID3v2.4. This happends with MinimServer, but also using other server software.

I tried alot of things:
-ID3v2.3 works fine, but then multiple genres doesn't work anymore.
-Was using Mp3Tag, searched other tagging software for ID3v2.4, found only MusicBrainz Picard an TheGodFather, none solved the problem.

Now I found this post here, mentioning that there is a bug in MinimServer when sending the cover art from ID3v2.4 to a control point:
http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...749#pid749

Was that fix suggest by simoncn done sometime, or is it still pending???

Best regards
Manuel

This bug was fixed a long time ago. It sounds like the hardware device is reading the cover art from the file instead of getting it from the server via the UPnP protocol and the hardware device has a bug in how it is reading the abum art. You can check this by viewing the cover art in a control point such as BubbleUPnP or Linn Kinsky. Does this display the image correctly?
02-08-2015, 17:43
RE: ID3v2.4 with Cover Art
Yes, BubbleUpnP and other controlpoints do display the cover art correctly. So the implemetation in the hardware has most probably a bug in reading the cover art. I'll contact the manufacturer - I'm curious what they say...