Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items in music location showing twice
09-07-2015, 18:18
Items in music location showing twice
Hello,

I am a new user, and have a problem that only started this afternoon.
I have a Synology EDS14 running MinimSever.
The music is stored on a share on the server.
I use BubbleUPNP on an android tablet as a control point.

I went to move an album in the folder structure of the Music library.
Minimserver did not reflect the change on the BubbleUPNP so I reset the Android device and stopped then restarted Minimserver.
Now all albums are shown twice.
I have set Minimserver to do a rescan and await results, is there anything else I should do?
What is the correct procedure in the event of changes to the source files? Should Minimserver update automatically?

Any help is very much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2015, 21:54 (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 09:32 by simoncn.)
RE: Items in music location showing twice
(09-07-2015 18:18)GilesM Wrote:  Hello,

Minimserver did not reflect the change on the BubbleUPNP so I reset the Android device and stopped then restarted Minimserver.
I have set Minimserver to do a rescan and await results, is there anything else I should do?
What is the correct procedure in the event of changes to the source files? Should Minimserver update automatically?

To see file changes, you need to do a MinimServer rescan.

Stopping and restarting MinimServer from the Package Center does a rescan. Alternatively, you can do a rescan from the MinimServer status web page or the MinimWatch minim icon.

The duplicate files are probably in your "recycle bin". To eliminate these, you can either empty the recycle bin or change your contentDir setting so that it doesn't include the recycle bin as one of the scanned subfolders.
10-07-2015, 08:05
RE: Items in music location showing twice
(09-07-2015 21:54)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 18:18)GilesM Wrote:  Hello,

To see file changes, you need to do a MinimServer rescan.

Stopping and restarting MinimServer from the Package Center does a rescan. Alternatively, you can do a rescan from the MinimServer status web page or the MinimWatch minim icon.

The duplicate files are probably in your "recycle bin". To eliminate these, you can either empty the recycle bin or chage your contentDir setting so that it doesn't include the recycle bin as one of the scanned subfolders.

Thank you SimonCN. You were right, every file was duplicated. This was my own fault as I set "Carbon Copy Cloner" to check my music library against it's back up (to be sure all was up to date) but did not realise that in the settings I had set a different subdirectory on the NAS. So CCC copied everything over once again. Minim server then aggregated the two directories and so each album twice.
In the end I deleted all and started again, now Minim is reading the correct number of files.

At the next update I will just 'rescan' and hopefully things will stay up to date.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.