Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing the art cover order
04-07-2015, 22:38
changing the art cover order
Simon,

you wrote in november 2014 that "the search order for art cover cannot be changed".

So often, my embedded art cover is much lower quality than the cover.jpg which I found on the net and placed in the sub directory.

To eliminate the hassle to delete all embedded covers, I would love the search to start first on cover of folder.jpg then embedded files...

Is this Upnp constraint ?

Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2015, 22:59
RE: changing the art cover order
(04-07-2015 22:38)lyapounov Wrote:  Simon,

you wrote in november 2014 that "the search order for art cover cannot be changed".

So often, my embedded art cover is much lower quality than the cover.jpg which I found on the net and placed in the sub directory.

To eliminate the hassle to delete all embedded covers, I would love the search to start first on cover of folder.jpg then embedded files...

Is this Upnp constraint ?

Thx

Embedded artwork is part of the UPnP standard but folder.jpg files aren't. This is why MinimServer gives priority to embedded artwork if it is available.
19-12-2015, 01:28
I believe this should be a user preference. I would love to see this happening.
19-12-2015, 03:15
(19-12-2015 01:28)rompolompo Wrote:  I believe this should be a user preference. I would love to see this happening.

Why not strip out the embedded art if you don't like it? I normally embed nothing and pick the folder.jpg that i like. I use dbpoweramp to strip the embedded image if that's any help. It wad a tedious exercise for the first go round for sure but as files are gradually added it's a non-issue, for me anyway Rolleyes
19-12-2015, 06:50
(19-12-2015 03:15)NickD Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 01:28)rompolompo Wrote:  I believe this should be a user preference. I would love to see this happening.

Why not strip out the embedded art if you don't like it? I normally embed nothing and pick the folder.jpg that i like. I use dbpoweramp to strip the embedded image if that's any help. It wad a tedious exercise for the first go round for sure but as files are gradually added it's a non-issue, for me anyway Rolleyes

Going forward, you are correct. The thing is that I have many files with the cover art embedded and removing them is no picnic....
19-12-2015, 10:43
(19-12-2015 06:50)rompolompo Wrote:  Going forward, you are correct. The thing is that I have many files with the cover art embedded and removing them is no picnic....

See this post for instructions on how to do this with a single operation using Mp3tag.
19-12-2015, 13:38
(19-12-2015 03:15)NickD Wrote:  

I do this the other way around.
Removing the embedded cover art and change this by embedding Folder art, using dbpoweramp.
In my case I use Format Factory to reduce to 500x500 pixels max. because my streamer has problems with very hi-resolution cover art.
This way you keep your system UPnP constraint.
It takes some time though, but as pointed before, files are added gradully, so no big issue for me either.
19-12-2015, 15:27
(19-12-2015 10:43)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 06:50)rompolompo Wrote:  Going forward, you are correct. The thing is that I have many files with the cover art embedded and removing them is no picnic....

See this post for instructions on how to do this with a single operation using Mp3tag.

Thanks. Anything for the Linux users out there?
19-12-2015, 15:34
(19-12-2015 15:27)rompolompo Wrote:  Thanks. Anything for the Linux users out there?

I have heard good things about puddletag. I don't know whether it can do bulk removal of embedded album art.
19-12-2015, 19:51
I need command line tools...