Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covert Art for M3U Playlists?
29-06-2015, 01:13
Covert Art for M3U Playlists?
Hi,

Just curious if it's possible to specify or provide an image (cover art) for an M3U playlist that is served to a control point (e.g. Linn Kazoo or BubbleUPnP).

I have about 100+ playlists that I auto-generate from my iTunes library for MinimServer; works great. But, when I am browsing my collection of playlists, an image would be helpful.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 11:34
RE: Covert Art for M3U Playlists?
I don't think that this is possible, but I wonder whether the method Simon has already developed for network streams could be adapted to provide cover art for a whole playlist? After all, it is possible to think of a playlist as a pseudo-album.

David
29-06-2015, 17:47
(29-06-2015 11:34)DavidHB Wrote:  I don't think that this is possible, but I wonder whether the method Simon has already developed for network streams could be adapted to provide cover art for a whole playlist? After all, it is possible to think of a playlist as a pseudo-album.

David

This might be possible. I will add it to the list of requested enhancements for a future release.
29-06-2015, 17:58
(29-06-2015 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 11:34)DavidHB Wrote:  I don't think that this is possible, but I wonder whether the method Simon has already developed for network streams could be adapted to provide cover art for a whole playlist? After all, it is possible to think of a playlist as a pseudo-album.

David

This might be possible. I will add it to the list of requested enhancements for a future release.

That would be cool! Thanks, Ken
29-06-2015, 21:10
(29-06-2015 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  This might be possible. I will add it to the list of requested enhancements for a future release.

Thank you, Simon. I guess that the list is getting a bit long ... Sad

David
30-06-2015, 10:32
(29-06-2015 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 11:34)DavidHB Wrote:  I wonder whether the method ... for network streams could be adapted to provide cover art for a whole playlist?

This might be possible.

Another thought. Simon will recall the exchange we had a while back about the possibility of displaying different cover art for the album as a whole and for the individual tracks within the album. The discussion was related to large boxed CD sets (which sometimes are in effect 'boxed sets of boxed sets'), but the logic could apply to any album. If ever cover art can be provided for playlists, could the same method be further extended to cover the 'separate art for the album container' case as well? If the concept has broader applicability, that presumably makes it a more worthwhile enhancement.

David
30-06-2015, 22:32 (This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 22:34 by simoncn.)
(30-06-2015 10:32)DavidHB Wrote:  Another thought. Simon will recall the exchange we had a while back about the possibility of displaying different cover art for the album as a whole and for the individual tracks within the album. The discussion was related to large boxed CD sets (which sometimes are in effect 'boxed sets of boxed sets'), but the logic could apply to any album. If ever cover art can be provided for playlists, could the same method be further extended to cover the 'separate art for the album container' case as well? If the concept has broader applicability, that presumably makes it a more worthwhile enhancement.

David

I don't think the solution for playlists (if implemented) would be similar in any way to what you are requesting/suggesting here.
01-07-2015, 10:48
(30-06-2015 22:32)simoncn Wrote:  I don't think the solution for playlists (if implemented) would be similar in any way to what you are requesting/suggesting here.

Ah, well. I was hoping that 'the playlist is an album' paradigm might work; obviously it doesn't. Thanks anyway.

David