Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tags for catalog data for the oevre, I e musicological data?
02-06-2015, 09:46
Wink Tags for catalog data for the oevre, I e musicological data?
If you put a tag named Musicological in a flac file, with a hyperlink as its contents, could minimserver hand that over, and are there control points that could show that link as a web page?
Or maybe there already is a tag name reserved for that purpose?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 09:50
RE: Tags for catalog data for the oevre, I e musicological data?
(02-06-2015 09:46)n3mmr Wrote:  If you put a tag named Musicological in a flac file, with a hyperlink as its contents, could minimserver hand that over, and are there control points that could show that link as a web page?
That was the idea as it appeared while doing the laundry....

The real question: what can be done to tag a sound file with musicological information about the music? Such as composition date, opus number, historical performance data, ... And so on and so forth..
02-06-2015, 10:19
RE: Tags for catalog data for the oevre, I e musicological data?
(02-06-2015 09:50)n3mmr Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 09:46)n3mmr Wrote:  If you put a tag named Musicological in a flac file, with a hyperlink as its contents, could minimserver hand that over, and are there control points that could show that link as a web page?
That was the idea as it appeared while doing the laundry....

The real question: what can be done to tag a sound file with musicological information about the music? Such as composition date, opus number, historical performance data, ... And so on and so forth..

You can invent any tags for these purposes and add them to your files. MinimServer enables you to use these tags for indexing and tag formatting.

Getting this information to show in the control point is more difficult because the UPnP specification doesn't define any rules for how this should be done. Some control points (such as BubbleUPnP) show the contents of the COMMENT tag as text in a metadata pop-up. I don't know if there are any control points that can handle tagged hyperlinks.