Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to show music file encoding details?
21-04-2015, 15:13
Possible to show music file encoding details?
For some strange reason, I like to see the original encoding details of the music files (encoder, sample rate, bit rate). Is it possible to display this in the various index views?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2015, 21:30
RE: Possible to show music file encoding details?
(21-04-2015 15:13)tboooe Wrote:  For some strange reason, I like to see the original encoding details of the music files (encoder, sample rate, bit rate). Is it possible to display this in the various index views?

See this section for details of how to view this information in the index.
21-04-2015, 21:37
Thank you for the reply but I am not trying to index based on the encoding details. I just want it to be displayed next to each song for example when I go into the album view.
21-04-2015, 21:56
(21-04-2015 21:37)tboooe Wrote:  Thank you for the reply but I am not trying to index based on the encoding details. I just want it to be displayed next to each song for example when I go into the album view.

You can use tag formatting to change what is displayed in album view. See this section.
21-04-2015, 23:05 (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 23:10 by tboooe.)
Thank you. I am having some trouble getting the syntax right. I want to show the Title (song length), #Audioformat | #Audiodata. Would I enter in tagformat:

Title.displayFormat={$title$#Audioformat$#Audiodata^ ^^ |}
22-04-2015, 11:37 (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 11:38 by simoncn.)
(21-04-2015 23:05)tboooe Wrote:  Thank you. I am having some trouble getting the syntax right. I want to show the Title (song length), #Audioformat | #Audiodata. Would I enter in tagformat:

There are a few ways to do this. I would suggest the following:

Title.displayFormat={$title^^^$#Audioformat^, ^^$#Audiodata^ | ^^}

This doesn't include the song length.
22-04-2015, 13:43
(22-04-2015 11:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 23:05)tboooe Wrote:  Thank you. I am having some trouble getting the syntax right. I want to show the Title (song length), #Audioformat | #Audiodata. Would I enter in tagformat:

There are a few ways to do this. I would suggest the following:

Title.displayFormat={$title^^^$#Audioformat^, ^^$#Audiodata^ | ^^}

This doesn't include the song length.

Thank you! However I get an error Incorrect tag name when I try this. This was the same problem I was having before. In order to do this do I have to also have #Audioformat and #Audiodata in my Indextag list as well?
22-04-2015, 14:03 (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 14:04 by DavidHB.)
(22-04-2015 13:43)tboooe Wrote:  Thank you! However I get an error Incorrect tag name when I try this. This was the same problem I was having before. In order to do this do I have to also have #Audioformat and #Audiodata in my Indextag list as well?

If you want to index these tags you will need to include them in indexTags. See this section of the User Guide.

If you want to refer to these tags (which is what you are doing in the tag formatting) without indexing them, they would need to be listed in the itemTags property. The Guide does not explicitly say that this is possible with the special audio tags, but I tried it with #Audioformat, and the subsequent rescan did not produce any errors.

David
22-04-2015, 14:10
(22-04-2015 14:03)DavidHB Wrote:  If you want to refer to these tags (which is what you are doing in the tag formatting) without indexing them, they would need to be listed in the itemTags property. The Guide does not explicitly say that this is possible with the special audio tags, but I tried it with #Audioformat, and the subsequent rescan did not produce any errors.

David

ahhhh...thank you David. I just added #audioformat and #audiodata to the itemTags list and now Minimserver is happily rescanning! Lets see if it turns out the way I want.
22-04-2015, 14:36
Minimserver just finished rescanning and everything looks great except that the song length is now after the audioformat and audiodata info. Right now here is whats displayed:

Moon River, MP3 | ~128K (4:01)

Is there any way to have the song length display right after the song title? For example:

Moon River (4:01) MP3 | ~128k

Also, why doesnt #audiodata show bit depth?