Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch won't load
15-02-2016, 14:49
Minimwatch won't load
Hi,
I've had a look through the forum but can't find anything specific to my problem.
Minim watch won't load anymore since my last Java update on my windows 7 laptop.
I use minim server on qnap, it used to load with a little green box and I could rescan the library from there, the box stays grey and the options to refresh and scan aren't highlighted anymore.
It must be Java but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Avalon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2016, 15:33
RE: Minimwatch won't load
(15-02-2016 14:49)Avalon Wrote:  Hi,
I've had a look through the forum but can't find anything specific to my problem.
Minim watch won't load anymore since my last Java update on my windows 7 laptop.
I use minim server on qnap, it used to load with a little green box and I could rescan the library from there, the box stays grey and the options to refresh and scan aren't highlighted anymore.
It must be Java but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Avalon

The grey box means that MinimWatch is loading and running OK. The box is grey because MinimWatch can't find MinimServer. This is normally caused by a firewall configuration issue.

If you check the rules for the firewall (advanced configuration), you will probably find some rules that are blocking inbound connections to Java. If you change these rules to allow inbound connections, this should solve the problem.
15-02-2016, 17:46
RE: Minimwatch won't load
Thanks Simon, I have 4 java platform SE binaries running and one was un ticked, ticking it sorted things out.

Regards

Avalon