Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems running MinimWatch on Windows PC
02-04-2015, 19:11 (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 19:43 by Blair2201.)
Problems running MinimWatch on Windows PC
Hi

I've just followed the detailed instruction for installing MinimServer on my DS215j (which went without a hitch), I then installed Java on my PC and installed MinimWatch (again without a hitch); the issue arises when I double click on the MinimWatch icon on my desktop - a command screen pops up with "Error: Could not find or load main class C\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

I followed the installation steps line by line, but it doesn't seem to find a file which will launch the program.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Blair
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 22:14
RE: Problems running MinimWatch on Windows PC
(02-04-2015 19:11)Blair2201 Wrote:  Hi

I've just followed the detailed instruction for installing MinimServer on my DS215j (which went without a hitch), I then installed Java on my PC and installed MinimWatch (again without a hitch); the issue arises when I double click on the MinimWatch icon on my desktop - a command screen pops up with "Error: Could not find or load main class C\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

I followed the installation steps line by line, but it doesn't seem to find a file which will launch the program.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Blair

It sounds like Java isn't installed correctly on your PC. Please try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it.
03-04-2015, 15:01
Thanks Simon,

I uninstalled both MinimWatch and Java, checked that I was downloading the correct version of Java (Version 8 Update 40 (Build 1.8.0_40-b26), then re-installed MinimWatch. Now the command screen pops up and no text appears. Still not running.

Frustrating to say the least!

I'm running Win 8.1 64bit - both Java and Minim are 64 bit.

Any other thoughts what is causung this? It seems that Windows is not recognising the class file: Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch\com\minimserver\watch\launch\LaunchWatch.class
04-04-2015, 19:54
(03-04-2015 15:01)Blair2201 Wrote:  Thanks Simon,

I uninstalled both MinimWatch and Java, checked that I was downloading the correct version of Java (Version 8 Update 40 (Build 1.8.0_40-b26), then re-installed MinimWatch. Now the command screen pops up and no text appears. Still not running.

Do you mean you are getting an empty Command Prompt window?

Quote:Frustrating to say the least!

I'm running Win 8.1 64bit - both Java and Minim are 64 bit.

Any other thoughts what is causung this? It seems that Windows is not recognising the class file: Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch\com\minimserver\watch\launch\LaunchWatch.class

Where did you see an error message that references this class name?

You might have some other software installed that has added a conflicting association for the .jar file extension. You can check this by opening Control Panel and selecting Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program.