Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Resampling
29-03-2015, 01:55
RE: Resampling
(29-03-2015 01:23)krutsch Wrote:  As far as I know, it does. Rebuilt via brew with libsoxr support, after building and installing sox. Will have to recheck.

Checked my build. I am able to run:

ffmpeg -i Sample.wav -af aresample=resampler=soxr -ar 48000 Sample-48.wav

...and it does produce a 48 kHz up-sampled WAV file. So, it looks like ffmpeg is built with libsoxr support. Not sure what else to try, but I think I am done futzing with this for now.

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2015, 17:01
(29-03-2015 01:55)krutsch Wrote:  Checked my build. I am able to run:

...and it does produce a 48 kHz up-sampled WAV file. So, it looks like ffmpeg is built with libsoxr support. Not sure what else to try, but I think I am done futzing with this for now.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for checking and apologies for putting the wrong syntax in the User guide (now fixed). You need this:

convOut=-af aresample=resampler=soxr
29-03-2015, 17:54
To simplify the thinks, It will be great if you can include in the next build the ffmpeg with libsoxr. In fact I have found a some libs but I'm not sure which to donwload, 32/64 bit? http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
I appreciate if you can help me.
I believe that current alghrithms for software upsamplig are far away better than hardware implemented on the DACs.
Thanks.
Giuseppe
29-03-2015, 18:34
(29-03-2015 17:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 01:55)krutsch Wrote:  Checked my build. I am able to run:

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for checking and apologies for putting the wrong syntax in the User guide (now fixed). You need this:

convOut=-af aresample=resampler=soxr

No worries. Headed out to NL for the week, but will check in on this when I get back. Thanks, Ken.
29-03-2015, 21:09 (This post was last modified: 29-03-2015 21:09 by simoncn.)
(29-03-2015 17:54)granosalis Wrote:  To simplify the thinks, It will be great if you can include in the next build the ffmpeg with libsoxr. In fact I have found a some libs but I'm not sure which to donwload, 32/64 bit? http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
I appreciate if you can help me.
I believe that current alghrithms for software upsamplig are far away better than hardware implemented on the DACs.
Thanks.
Giuseppe

I can't bundle FFmpeg with MinimServer or MinimStreamer because of licensing issues.

If you are running 32-bit Windows, you need the 32-bit version of FFmpeg. If you are running 64-bit Windows, you need the 64-bit version of FFmpeg.
29-03-2015, 22:12
Sorry to not have mentioned in advance, I'm running minimserver on QNAP HS 251 (intel)
29-03-2015, 22:34
(29-03-2015 22:12)granosalis Wrote:  Sorry to not have mentioned in advance, I'm running minimserver on QNAP HS 251 (intel)

For an Intel-based QNAP, you need a 32-bit Linux Intel static build from this download page. The download page doesn't say whether the build contains libsoxr, so you will need to try it and see if the convOut option works.
30-03-2015, 19:24
(29-03-2015 22:34)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 22:12)granosalis Wrote:  Sorry to not have mentioned in advance, I'm running minimserver on QNAP HS 251 (intel)

For an Intel-based QNAP, you need a 32-bit Linux Intel static build from this download page. The download page doesn't say whether the build contains libsoxr, so you will need to try it and see if the convOut option works.

Hi Simon,

I need a bit of help. I am running an Intel Synology and have an ffmpeg that says it includes libsoxr. Do I add the entire line into the stream option line? It says the line convOut is incorrect for convertor when I do. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
Bob
30-03-2015, 19:59
(30-03-2015 19:24)bobxsherman Wrote:  

Hi Simon,

I need a bit of help. I am running an Intel Synology and have an ffmpeg that says it includes libsoxr. Do I add the entire line into the stream option line? It says the line convOut is incorrect for convertor when I do. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
Bob

The correct setting is in this section (recently corrected). Is this what you are using?

Did you download this version of ffmpeg yourself or are you using the version bundled with Synology DSM?

If you downloaded it yourself, do you have the full path to the downloaded file in the stream.converter property?
31-03-2015, 00:10
(30-03-2015 19:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 19:24)bobxsherman Wrote:  

Hi Simon,

Thanks
Bob

The correct setting is in this section (recently corrected). Is this what you are using?

Did you download this version of ffmpeg yourself or are you using the version bundled with Synology DSM?

If you downloaded it yourself, do you have the full path to the downloaded file in the stream.converter property?

I downloaded and installed it. ffmpeg works I do not have a path for ffmpeg using JPlay. Do I need more path info for sox to work. This is what I downloaded.
ffmpeg-20150218-git-8bc8001-win32-static.7z

thanks
Bob