Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio streams unplayable by some but not all Reciva radios
06-03-2015, 13:29
Radio streams unplayable by some but not all Reciva radios
I have four Reciva based internet radios and I find that the two older ones are unable to play radio streams served via UPnP by MinimServer/MininStreamer.

The test streams that I have been trying to play are included in the .m3u playlist which looks as follows:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[*NPO_R1;mp3] NPO Radio 1
http://icecast.omroep.nl/radio1-sb-mp3.m3u
#EXTINF:-1,[*NPO_N24;mp3] NPO Nieuws 24
http://icecast.omroep.nl/nieuws24-sb-mp3.m3u
#EXTINF:-1,[*NPO_R4] NPO Radio 4
http://icecast.omroep.nl/radio4-bb-mp3.m3u

The relatively new radio Avox TMA1 plays these streams without a problem but the slightly older Avox Petite detects the playlist and the streams but remains stuck on "connecting".
I had noticed exactly the same problem with the new BBC HLS AAC streams which only the two newer radios can play if stream.transcode is set to aac:L16. The stream converter is ffmpeg. The newer radios are on a different (more recent) firmware version that the other two.

It would be great if my two older radios also could play radio streams served by MinimStreamer, maybe by activating the correct properties. Debug logs showing connection attempts by the Avox TMA1 (successful) and the Avox Petite (unsuccessful) are attached.

Attached File(s)
.zip  TMA1_debuglog.txt.zip (Size: 43.71 KB / Downloads: 3)
.zip  Petite_debuglog.txt.zip (Size: 35.35 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 17:16
RE: Radio streams unplayable by some but not all Reciva radios
(06-03-2015 13:29)Zeewier Wrote:  The relatively new radio Avox TMA1 plays these streams without a problem but the slightly older Avox Petite detects the playlist and the streams but remains stuck on "connecting".
I had noticed exactly the same problem with the new BBC HLS AAC streams which only the two newer radios can play if stream.transcode is set to aac:L16. The stream converter is ffmpeg. The newer radios are on a different (more recent) firmware version that the other two.

It would be great if my two older radios also could play radio streams served by MinimStreamer, maybe by activating the correct properties. Debug logs showing connection attempts by the Avox TMA1 (successful) and the Avox Petite (unsuccessful) are attached.

The problem is caused by a byte-range header in the HTTP GET request sent by the Petite. This is OK when reading an MP3 file from disk but it doesn't work when reading an internet radio stream. The TMA1 isn't sending a byte-range header, so it works OK.

Unfortunately, there isn't any solution for this.
06-03-2015, 18:00
(06-03-2015 17:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 13:29)Zeewier Wrote:  The relatively new radio Avox TMA1 plays these streams without a problem but the slightly older Avox Petite detects the playlist and the streams but remains stuck on "connecting".

The problem is caused by a byte-range header in the HTTP GET request sent by the Petite. This is OK when reading an MP3 file from disk but it doesn't work when reading an internet radio stream. The TMA1 isn't sending a byte-range header, so it works OK.

Unfortunately, there isn't any solution for this.

Many thanks for your quick response. Presumably the only way to fix this would be an upgrade of the Petite's firmware which is unlikely to happen because Avox have discontinued the Petite ca 2-3 years ago...
06-03-2015, 18:38
Seems a bit like my Humax problem.
07-03-2015, 15:03
I've been looking at this over at the Reciva Refuge forum.

I haven't manage to nail it down yet, but I believe it has something to do with the software player installed with the firmware.

I have a rather old Tevion 5404, but it plays the stream delivered by MinimStreamer (without FFmpeg transcoding) no problem. It is running a Helix player. The TMA1 is reporting MPlayer as the User-Agent.

At some stage, which I'm trying to pin down, the Reciva firmware must have changed the player used (or version) which "broke" things.
27-06-2015, 19:17
**Zeewier** if it is not rudely heckling. I have just with simon's help sorted the same problem, it required custom streams
27-06-2015, 23:04
(27-06-2015 19:17)guest Wrote:  **Zeewier** if it is not rudely heckling. I have just with simon's help sorted the same problem, it required custom streams

Which problem have you solved? The problem that older Reciva radios cannot play those streams? What is the solution?
27-06-2015, 23:45
(27-06-2015 23:04)Zeewier Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 19:17)guest Wrote:  **Zeewier** if it is not rudely heckling. I have just with simon's help sorted the same problem, it required custom streams

Which problem have you solved? The problem that older Reciva radios cannot play those streams? What is the solution?

As I understand it, you have a reciva radio that you would like to access the bbc hls/ aac streams. If you confirm, I would be happy to point you to the thread to share theinfo. The sound difference is clear
28-06-2015, 10:51
(27-06-2015 23:45)guest Wrote:  

As I understand it, you have a reciva radio that you would like to access the bbc hls/ aac streams. If you confirm, I would be happy to point you to the thread to share theinfo. The sound difference is clear

I have four Reciva radios but only the two newest can play the BBC streams (see my original post, above). As simoncn has stated (Post #2), there is no solution. However, if you found a solution elsewhere I'd be interested to hear.
28-06-2015, 10:57
(28-06-2015 10:51)Zeewier Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 23:45)guest Wrote:  

I have four Reciva radios but only the two newest can play the BBC streams (see my original post, above). As simoncn has stated (Post #2), there is no solution. However, if you found a solution elsewhere I'd be interested to hear.

Zeewier, the solution simon helped me with in this thread uses custom urls. The old reciva radio I use it with is a roberts wm201

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=2498