Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying lyrics
02-03-2015, 20:05
Displaying lyrics
Hello,

I would like to share that with the help of the creator of BubbleUPNP (Bubbleguuum) I found a solution to display the lyrics that are contained in the file's lyrics-tag in the control point: I simply had to add an aliasTag like this: "Lyrics:Comment" and add "Comment" to the itemTags-section. Now all lyrics are shown with the tag's metadata.

Brilliant! Thank you for creating such a flexible tool, Simon!

Best regards
Lakorus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 23:37
RE: Displaying lyrics
(02-03-2015 20:05)Lakorus Wrote:  Hello,

I would like to share that with the help of the creator of BubbleUPNP (Bubbleguuum) I found a solution to display the lyrics that are contained in the file's lyrics-tag in the control point: I simply had to add an aliasTag like this: "Lyrics:Comment" and add "Comment" to the itemTags-section. Now all lyrics are shown with the tag's metadata.

Brilliant! Thank you for creating such a flexible tool, Simon!

Best regards
Lakorus

Hello Lakorus,

Can you make some screenshots?
I am very curious how this shows in BubbleUPnP!

Kind Regards,

Peter.
03-03-2015, 19:35
(02-03-2015 23:37)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Lakorus,

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Hello Peter,

please find the screenshot attached. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works, well, almost:

@Simon: with the described settings ("Lyrics:Comment" as aliasTags and adding "Comment" as itemTags) the lyrics are displayed as long as the MP3's Comment-tag does not contain any data. If there is content, then this content will be displayed instead. Am I missing something?

Best regards
Lakorus

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-03-2015, 20:38
(03-03-2015 19:35)Lakorus Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 23:37)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Lakorus,

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Hello Peter,

please find the screenshot attached. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works, well, almost:

@Simon: with the described settings ("Lyrics:Comment" as aliasTags and adding "Comment" as itemTags) the lyrics are displayed as long as the MP3's Comment-tag does not contain any data. If there is content, then this content will be displayed instead. Am I missing something?

Best regards
Lakorus

Thanks, I think this looks quite nice.
You could also try to use musiXmatch.
Lyrics (if somewhere on the internet) are displayed automatically using Bubble UPnP.

Best regards,
Peter
03-03-2015, 20:51
(03-03-2015 20:38)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Thanks, I think this looks quite nice.
You could also try to use musiXmatch.
Lyrics (if somewhere on the internet) are displayed automatically using Bubble UPnP.

Best regards,
Peter

Yes, I have the musiXmatch-app installed and was quite happy with it, but the permissions that the app wants to have lately are getting a bit out of hand in my opinion. That's the reason why I was looking for an alternative (that and because I have spent countless hours copy and pasting lyrics :-) )

Best regards
Lakorus
04-03-2015, 22:46
(03-03-2015 19:35)Lakorus Wrote:  @Simon: with the described settings ("Lyrics:Comment" as aliasTags and adding "Comment" as itemTags) the lyrics are displayed as long as the MP3's Comment-tag does not contain any data. If there is content, then this content will be displayed instead. Am I missing something?

If you want to completely ignore all Comment tags, you can add Comment:nil to aliasTags.

If you don't do this, you will have two Comment tags in the case that you described. Presumably the control point is using one of these tags and ignoring the other.
07-03-2015, 20:47 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 20:52 by Lakorus.)
(04-03-2015 22:46)simoncn Wrote:  If you want to completely ignore all Comment tags, you can add Comment:nil to aliasTags.

If you don't do this, you will have two Comment tags in the case that you described. Presumably the control point is using one of these tags and ignoring the other.

Hello Simon,

that worked, thank you.
I observed that it is important that the "Comment:nil" command has to be entered prior to the "lyrics:comment" tag, is this correct?

Best regards
Lakorus
09-03-2015, 15:37
(07-03-2015 20:47)Lakorus Wrote:  Hello Simon,

that worked, thank you.
I observed that it is important that the "Comment:nil" command has to be entered prior to the "lyrics:comment" tag, is this correct?

Best regards
Lakorus

This isn't correct. I have tried this and it works for me no matter which order is used for these in the aliasTags property.

What exactly happened when you used the other order?
09-03-2015, 17:05
(09-03-2015 15:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 20:47)Lakorus Wrote:  Hello Simon,

that worked, thank you.

Best regards
Lakorus

This isn't correct. I have tried this and it works for me no matter which order is used for these in the aliasTags property.

What exactly happened when you used the other order?

Hmm, now that I tried it again, the order didn't have any influence. It must have been my error in the first place, perhaps I forgot to rescan the library. Sorry for the confusion!

Best regards
Lakorus