Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations or comments - best place?
17-02-2017, 00:54
RE: Annotations or comments - best place?
The Audio Station screenshot shows that you are viewing the files with the comment "Upload to NAS on 2/6/2017." The Metadatics screenshot shows some Led Zeppelin files with the comment "Upload to NAS on 2/15/2017." To view these Led Zeppelin files in Audio Station, you need to navigate up to the Comment container and select the entry for "Upload to NAS on 2/15/2017."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2017, 01:25
(17-02-2017 00:54)simoncn Wrote:  The Audio Station screenshot shows that you are viewing the files with the comment "Upload to NAS on 2/6/2017." The Metadatics screenshot shows some Led Zeppelin files with the comment "Upload to NAS on 2/15/2017." To view these Led Zeppelin files in Audio Station, you need to navigate up to the Comment container and select the entry for "Upload to NAS on 2/15/2017."
Simon,Thanks for quick feedback. I was expecting to see either another folder with the comments "Upload to NAS on 2/15/2017 or the data appended to the existing folder but all I see is the folder with "Upload to NAS on 2/6/2017 which contains only 8 albums. I have several more albums that have the same upload date and they are not in that folder. Any suggestions? I have example: One album with the same comments that should be appearing in the "Upload to NAS on 2/6/2017" but is not - Jeff Beck, Any suggestions would be most welcome. My control point is the media server via a Marantz 6010 receiver.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-02-2017, 08:21
You might have Metadatics configured to not update file dates when you update tags. This can cause MinimServer to not see tag updates because it is using cached information for the updated file. You can check this by setting the startupScan property to 'full' and forcing a rescan. If this fixes the problem, you should change the Metadatics configuration so that file dates are updated in future.
17-02-2017, 15:23
Thumbs Up RE: Annotations or comments - best place?
Simon, it was operator/Metadatics configuration error! I looked at tag mappings in Metadatics and in Vobris just like previous post about description, they had that field and comments in the mapping setup. I replaced the description with Comment and now I see 3 folders with comments grouped by different dates. Thank you!Wink