Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
05-03-2015, 14:58 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 14:58 by simoncn.)
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(05-03-2015 13:50)Pastim Wrote:  I have read this 5 times. I have gone away, come back, and read it again. I still don't understand. There is, as I said, something about all this that is incomprehensible to me. For instance, in the 1st scenario, why is the renderer playing stream 2, and is there ever any case in which * would map to wav24? In the 3rd scenario the user guide makes no mention of this not applying if a '*' case is included (and indeed I thought it specifically did apply in this case) and I don't understand the logic of the last sentence at all.

What is clear is that I am too old and thick to understand minimstreamer's transcoding or your user guide and explanation here. Sorry. I'm sure it is simple, but I only ever seem to get a partial understanding of it. So you had better ignore me on this subject. I'll make it work somehow (although probably not with the transcoding I expect).

In this two-stream case, the internet radio renderer is playing stream 2 because (as I explained in my previous post) this is the only stream it knows about. It is not possible for stream 2 to map to wav24 because wav24 transcoding has been applied only to stream 1.

I have made a small addition to the sentence from the User guide that you are quoting. The added words clarify that the sentence doesn't apply to any stream that has been transcoded using the '*' input type. I hope this change is helpful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - simoncn - 05-03-2015 14:58