Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
20-02-2015, 21:10
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(19-02-2015 23:42)withanee Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 23:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 22:24)withanee Wrote:  I'm having a similar problem to redhanded, with minimserver installed on a ReadyNAS DuoV2 and trying to play to my Sonos system. All the minim parts appear to be installed correctly and running, but I also get an error from my Sonos controller, station not found.

As an example, my custom radio station URL in Sonos is:
http://192.168.1.11:9790/minimstreamer/*/R3

and the error log says:
MinimServer[NAS_A] is running
HTTPSource: unknown host for URL http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man...three.m3u8
This is repeated several times before presumably giving up.

PS. I am using your sample BBC Radio.m3u file that is linked from your Internet radio how-to guide.

Any suggestions as to what I might have done wrong?

The "unknown host" error means that your NAS can't contact the BBC server. Do you have a firewall on your NAS or router that is blocking this connection?

One other possibility: are you located in the UK? This stream is for UK users only.
Thanks for the speedy reply Simon. Yes, I'm in the UK. I don't believe my router is blocking the connection as I can stream from the same URL via VLC player on my PC. As for whether the ReadyNAS has a firewall, I don't know, and will have to investigate. I can't recall seeing any settings for one in the Dashboard.

Now working beautifully on my ReadyNAS Duo v2, with Sonos! Not completely sure what has made it work now, but after experimenting with different DNS settings in teh NAS then putting them back as before, switching DNLA off and then back on again, and ultimately rebooting the NAS(!), it is able to access the BBC streams and is passing them on wonderfully to my Sonos. (It wasn't the rescanning on restart that did it though - I had tried rescanning via Minimwatch several times.)

Many thanks Simon for your wonderful software. A donation will be on its way to you soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - withanee - 20-02-2015 21:10