Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
20-02-2015, 09:11
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(20-02-2015 00:36)Pastim Wrote:  Both our responses were made at the same time - sorry.

No problem! I think we are close to resolving the misunderstanding.

Quote:However, I'm still a little puzzled. If I had another music source which generated aac, and I needed to transcode it through UPnP (maybe because a UPnP player didn't support aac), would I be unable to?

You would be able to do this for UPnP renderers by using the stream.transcode property. This creates a URL in a special format with /$!transcode.xxx at the end. Another option is to set a stream type in your .m3u playlist, which creates a URL in a special format with /$!stream.xxx at the end.

These special URL formats are used for MinimStreamer internal purposes only and for the UPnP case only. The '$!' suffixes should not be added by the user. (This is what I meant by hand-editing.) The only supported and tested way to define transcoding settings and stream types is by using the settings mentioned in the previous paragraph and described in the MinimStreamer documentation.

Transcoding is not currently supported when MinimStreamer is being used with a internet radio receiver (the MinimRadio case). It might be possible to make this work if it becomes necessary. This would require designing a user interface to support this, adding suitable user instructions to the documentation, and doing some testing with internet radio receivers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - simoncn - 20-02-2015 09:11