Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
20-02-2015, 00:15
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(20-02-2015 00:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 23:22)Pastim Wrote:  I have tried the new format URL. Both my players use the vtuner website for radio sources.

On my Marantz M-CR603 player it gave garbled sound until I added /$!stream.aac after .....R3 . I had no transcode for an unspecified type, but did, from previous tests, have aac:wav. So that works, and is an option you may want to mention on minimradio.

On my Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC I used to get 'server error' with the long URL, but now get 'file format error'. I tried with and without /$!stream.aac . This player does work with the UPnP playlist item R3, but I guess that's a different bit of protocol handling in the player. Any thoughts?

I assume it doesn't matter that my m3u file is called BBC_Radio.m3u (I'm allergic to spaces)?

I shall mention minimradio on the BBC website.

Thanks a lot.

The MinimRadio instructions are specifically for internet radios that are able to play AAC streams. These instructions are not intended to be used with UPnP renderers. Please mention this when you post to the BBC website. I have also clarified this on the web page.

There is another page with instructions for UPnP renderers. I have updated this page to warn users that some renderers might not be able to play the streams and others might require transcoding settings.
See http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entr..._121434789 - I hope it's not too incorrect or misleading. If it is please correct it or tell me what you'd like me to say.

I don't really understand the distinction you are making since many, if not most, Internet Radios are also UPnP clients aren't they? Following your instructions on minimradio seems to work for my UPnP renderers so I don't quite see what the issue is.

See also my notes on aac: transcoding not seeming to work for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - Pastim - 20-02-2015 00:15