Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modified or deleted item
05-02-2015, 13:50
modified or deleted item
The control point I'm using (Olive ONE) has a lot of issues. I recently did the following. I temporarily added mp3 file copies to a directory that had flac files in it and rescanned the database. So for a while, minimserver would serve doubles of everything. Then I removed the duplicates and rescanned again. After doing this, my control point was showing something like this:

track 1
modified or deleted item
track 2
modified or deleted item
track 3
modified or deleted item
etc, etc

The actual text "modified or deleted item" was showing up on the item list when I viewed the album, obviously for each of the mp3 files that had been there and were now gone. (The other entries were the correct track names of the flac files that were still there.)

I filed a bug report with them, but they said they couldn't figure out where the text "modified or deleted item" was coming from. If it doesn't come from their software, then MinimServer must be producing it. So I'm wondering if you can shed any light on this. Can you tell what my control point might be doing wrong? (What information can I pass back to them so they can fix their bug?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 15:37
RE: modified or deleted item
(05-02-2015 13:50)adrian Wrote:  The control point I'm using (Olive ONE) has a lot of issues. I recently did the following. I temporarily added mp3 file copies to a directory that had flac files in it and rescanned the database. So for a while, minimserver would serve doubles of everything. Then I removed the duplicates and rescanned again. After doing this, my control point was showing something like this:

track 1
modified or deleted item
track 2
modified or deleted item
track 3
modified or deleted item
etc, etc

The actual text "modified or deleted item" was showing up on the item list when I viewed the album, obviously for each of the mp3 files that had been there and were now gone. (The other entries were the correct track names of the flac files that were still there.)

I filed a bug report with them, but they said they couldn't figure out where the text "modified or deleted item" was coming from. If it doesn't come from their software, then MinimServer must be producing it. So I'm wondering if you can shed any light on this. Can you tell what my control point might be doing wrong? (What information can I pass back to them so they can fix their bug?)

This text comes from MinimServer when you try to play a track that has been modified or deleted since the last MinimServer scan of your library. To remove these items from the library contents, click Rescan from the minim icon.
05-02-2015, 15:39
(05-02-2015 15:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 13:50)adrian Wrote:  The control point I'm using (Olive ONE) has a lot of issues. I recently did the following. I temporarily added mp3 file copies to a directory that had flac files in it and rescanned the database. So for a while, minimserver would serve doubles of everything. Then I removed the duplicates and rescanned again. After doing this, my control point was showing something like this:

track 1
modified or deleted item
track 2
modified or deleted item
track 3
modified or deleted item
etc, etc

This text comes from MinimServer when you try to play a track that has been modified or deleted since the last MinimServer scan of your library. To remove these items from the library contents, click Rescan from the minim icon.

I thought I *had* done a rescan. So this is what will happen if I've made changes and neglected to rescan.
05-02-2015, 15:44
(05-02-2015 15:39)adrian Wrote:  I thought I *had* done a rescan. So this is what will happen if I've made changes and neglected to rescan.

Yes, exactly.

If a rescan doesn't fix the problem, try restarting the control point and clearing the control point cache if it has one.
05-02-2015, 15:51
(05-02-2015 15:44)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 15:39)adrian Wrote:  I thought I *had* done a rescan. So this is what will happen if I've made changes and neglected to rescan.

Yes, exactly.

If a rescan doesn't fix the problem, try restarting the control point and clearing the control point cache if it has one.

Well, shortly after this problem manifested I had a power outage which affected both the NAS and the control point, and after the power outage, all of the "modified or deleted item" entries were gone. And I haven't managed to reproduce it since then. So that thwarted by ability to conduct thorough testing of the problem.

MinimServer does a rescan when it starts up, right? In other words, if the problem was neglecting to rescan then rebooting the NAS would be expected to fix it.
05-02-2015, 15:57 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 15:58 by simoncn.)
(05-02-2015 15:51)adrian Wrote:  Well, shortly after this problem manifested I had a power outage which affected both the NAS and the control point, and after the power outage, all of the "modified or deleted item" entries were gone. And I haven't managed to reproduce it since then. So that thwarted by ability to conduct thorough testing of the problem.

MinimServer does a rescan when it starts up, right? In other words, if the problem was neglecting to rescan then rebooting the NAS would be expected to fix it.

If the startupScan property is set to 'true' (the default) or 'full', MinimServer performs a scan when it is started (e.g., by rebooting the NAS).
13-05-2017, 10:25
i'm getting the same problem.
a rescan doesnt fix it. some files that were "modified or deleted" are now just not showing (Cyrus launcher)
Also set the log file to a local windows file (not shared) and dont get a log.
13-05-2017, 12:30
(13-05-2017 10:25)rich_y Wrote:  i'm getting the same problem.
a rescan doesnt fix it. some files that were "modified or deleted" are now just not showing (Cyrus launcher)
Also set the log file to a local windows file (not shared) and dont get a log.

What NAS or computer are you using to run MinimServer?

What is Cyrus launcher?