Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagging and Sorting for Multiple Artists
03-01-2015, 08:39
RE: Tagging and Sorting for Multiple Artists
(03-01-2015 03:10)muzz77 Wrote:  OK, all files cleaned and a clear log file. Way to make people pay attention to their tagging Smile . I have two more questions and a couple of observations.

First, minimserver is working well with the Krell Connect ipad app, so you could probably add it to the list of compatible control points. I have tried advanced display formats yet but everything else works as it should. I have tried it with a couple of other servers, Asset (issue with compilation album artist display) and Twonky (just not very good), and minimserver is the clear winner. The app itself is pretty basic and its biggest downside is that it doesn't have a "queue" or let you create playlists on the fly.

Thanks for this positive feedback and the information about the Krell Connect app. I have added this app to the list of control points that have been reported as compatible.

Quote:To get round that limitation I've been trying a couple of other control points. Kinsky didn't do it for me and Lumin was a non starter. I am currently trying out Audionet iMM, which has the required features but seems to be ignoring the sorting done by minimserver and doing its own. In fact it seems to be somewhat random in what it does, but as far as I can tell it is trying to group the Artist list by the "ARTIST" tag and ignoring the "ARTIST SORT" tag. Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this app and noticed similar weirdness.

I haven't had any luck with trying to use AudioNet iMM. It doesn't find my renderer (a Linn DS) which means I can't browse my library.

Quote:As to the questions, I would like to create a second nITEMS list but have this one sorted by ARTIST rather than TITLE. Do I need to create a custom tag and copy the existing TITLE data or can I use an aliasTag to get the same result. I do wish to keep the existing nITEMS list, but I would like a one step drilldown to list of tracks by artist.

The top-level "n items" list isn't customizable because it isn't really intended for browsing and selecting music. For most libraries, it would contain many thousands of entries and scrolling down to the latter part of the alphabet would be very tedious.

You can get close to what you want by selecting an artist from the "Artist" or "All Artists" index and then selecting "n items" to show all the tracks for that artist.

Quote:And finally, have you thought about designing a control point? Big Grin Seriously there is no one killer app out there that does it all and you have done such a good job with minimserver we'd all hope it would seem the logical next step.
Cheers, Kel

There is no realistic prospect that I could develop a control point for iOS because I don't have the necessary expertise and time to create something that I would be happy to use.

BubbleUPnP for Android is an excellent control point. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything on iOS that comes close to this for functionality and usability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 16:17
(03-01-2015 08:39)simoncn Wrote:  BubbleUPnP for Android is an excellent control point. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything on iOS that comes close to this for functionality and usability.

When going to the "list of control points that have been tested with MinimServer" in the MinimServer documentation, I see that BubbleDS is reported, but not BubbleUPnP. I think this should be corrected, given the very high quality of this control point.

Regards
03-01-2015, 16:59
(03-01-2015 16:17)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  When going to the "list of control points that have been tested with MinimServer" in the MinimServer documentation, I see that BubbleDS is reported, but not BubbleUPnP. I think this should be corrected, given the very high quality of this control point.

Regards

Thanks for pointing this out. Now fixed.