Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control point update in user guide
26-12-2014, 02:03
Control point update in user guide
For the past few days, I've been using mconnect on both iPad and Android tablets with good success. It's now my second choice for a cp, displacing Linn Kinsky from that position, so it can be added to the list of those that are reported as working with MinimServer.

Speaking of Kinsky: if I understand correctly, it now requires an OpenHome renderer to work well. Perhaps a note should be added to that effect in the list of control points.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 13:48
RE: Control point update in user guide
(26-12-2014 02:03)magister Wrote:  For the past few days, I've been using mconnect on both iPad and Android tablets with good success. It's now my second choice for a cp, displacing Linn Kinsky from that position, so it can be added to the list of those that are reported as working with MinimServer.

Thanks for this feedback. I have added mconnect with a compatibility note.

Quote:Speaking of Kinsky: if I understand correctly, it now requires an OpenHome renderer to work well. Perhaps a note should be added to that effect in the list of control points.

The compatibility notes relate only to compatibility with MinimServer. I don't think it would be a good idea to try to list renderer-related compatibility limitations in this section (e.g., gapless playback, OpenHome compatibility, non-OpenHome compatibility).

I don't think the situation with Kinsky and non-OpenHome renderers has changed recently.
29-12-2014, 16:56
I'm always on the lookout for new DLNA control points, so I've just given the free version of mconnect player a trial run on both my Android smartphone and my iPad Air. Sadly, it proved to offer a rather limited interface compared to BubbleUPnP (which is Android only) and does not appear to bring anything new to the table.

Mconnect player also fails to support gapless playback.

David
29-12-2014, 19:06
(29-12-2014 16:56)haggis999 Wrote:  I'm always on the lookout for new DLNA control points, so I've just given the free version of mconnect player a trial run on both my Android smartphone and my iPad Air. Sadly, it proved to offer a rather limited interface compared to BubbleUPnP (which is Android only) and does not appear to bring anything new to the table.

Mconnect player also fails to support gapless playback.

David

Same experience here. It offers much less than many other alternatives on the market. It may be 'compatible' to some extend but surely not recommendable.

I gave it a 1-star rating in the App store.
29-12-2014, 19:25
(29-12-2014 19:06)bbrip Wrote:  Same experience here. It offers much less than many other alternatives on the market. It may be 'compatible' to some extend but surely not recommendable.

I gave it a 1-star rating in the App store.

Which other iOS control points do you rate more highly? Which of these work with non-OpenHome renderers?
29-12-2014, 20:14
I am only using Linn ( ie openHome) renders so cant comment on non-oH compatibility.

Personally using LUMIN 90% of the time, sometimes Kazoo, seldom SongBook or PlugPlayer but both of the last mentioned offer more than mconnect.