Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
05-07-2020, 19:08
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
See this post and subsequent discussion. It seems we are repeating an earlier conversation. The sound is clearer and more natural.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2020, 19:16
Hi Simon. I was not attempting to repeat the earlier conversation between you and me. Rather, I was hoping to obtain another perspective on the modding process and the resulting impact on the sound. Modding a Melco in this fashion is large financial undertaking (~ $460 USD), and it will cause me to lose 2TB in future storage space. Also, as I am not particularly electronically inclined, I am somewhat gun shy about performing the mod. Hence, I am interested in additional perspectives before I take the plunge. Thanks.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7
05-07-2020, 19:57
Apologies for misunderstanding your post. I hope others who have done the same mod will be able to help answer your questions.