Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
03-02-2019, 17:56 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 17:58 by eagle3333.)
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
(03-02-2019 10:32)simoncn Wrote:  Does your Buffalo router have wi-fi? This is the best way to connect the iPad.

Yes it does. Because its default gateway is different to the Sky router it operates as an isolated/separate network. See diagram one of the two diagrams in the attachment I posted. I connect to it using iPad wifi as opposed to connecting to the Sky router.. If I disconnect from router 1 it comes off the wifi and I guess only a hard line connection between router 2 and iPad is then possible. The wifi probably won't work without router 1 (Sky) connected.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to try your test until back in UK in a few weeks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2019, 18:17 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 18:18 by simoncn.)
My suggested test is to create a completely isolated local network using the Buffalo router (with its wi-fi access point active), the iPad (connected via wi-fi to the Buffalo router) and the Melco (connected via Ethernet to the Buffalo router). This will not have internet access but should be able to play music locally. If you get dropouts with this setup, the issue is related to the Buffalo router. If not, it is either related to the Sky router or caused by something else on your main network.
03-02-2019, 19:00
(03-02-2019 18:17)simoncn Wrote:  My suggested test is to create a completely isolated local network using the Buffalo router (with its wi-fi access point active), the iPad (connected via wi-fi to the Buffalo router) and the Melco (connected via Ethernet to the Buffalo router). This will not have internet access but should be able to play music locally. If you get dropouts with this setup, the issue is related to the Buffalo router. If not, it is either related to the Sky router or caused by something else on your main network.

Ah, understood. Many thanks, Simon. I'll report back as soon as I've tried this.