Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
28-02-2018, 10:31
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
Hi Peter
I have Raid 0 on my N1/A. I think I find it better, but not day and night. I don't really understand the reasons why either should sound different given the relatively slow read speeds involved. But it is all a black art.
Yes I too rip (dbPoweramp) to an external hard drive on my Mac using a Mac plug-in CD reader
Then tidy up with Tag Editor,
Then use a backup routine via rsync on Automator - copying just the new or changed files - to my Melco
(rsync -av --progress "/Volumes/MLP3Tb/MAIN/" "/Volumes/share/MAIN")

It is easier that way.

Have fun
Donuk, still snowy downtown York
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2018, 16:30
I've just installed my new Melco N1ZH/2. All music is copied, Minimserver (that I also used before on my Synology NAS) is installed, Minimstreamer is installed, ffmpeg is installed, all works fine.

Works like a charm. The only thing I noticed is that in the instructions page it says:

"In version 3.50 (and below) of the Melco firmware, the N1 front panel doesn't show the details of music files that are being streamed by MinimServer. This has been fixed in the 3.72 firmware."

I'm running 3.73b Firmware and I don't see that happening. I can somehow understand that given that 3.73b is a replacement for 3.71b and 3.72 was a replacement for 3.70 so there is some crossings going on there. What's the best thing to do, wait for a new 3.74 (or something like that), or install 3.72?
16-03-2018, 22:19
The streaming details should be shown on 3.73B as well as on 3.72. I am away from home so can't check right now.