Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
18-11-2016, 17:30 (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 17:34 by simoncn.)
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
(18-11-2016 14:36)Martin H Wrote:  Simon - big thanks from a happy Melco and Minimserver user and I will make a further donation shortly to reflect that.

Can I just ask for confirmation that there is no action to take until the next release is available. i.e. the version numbers appear to coincide currently to my QNAP where relevant and so I assume this installer is ready for the next release.

Again thanks for the excellent quality of your code.

Thanks very much!

All MinimServer N1 users are advised to install the public version immediately. No other version is supported now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2016, 10:08
This is wonderful news, many thanks for your efforts Simon.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
19-11-2016, 11:33
Simon Thanks as always
Neale
01-12-2016, 17:39
Hi Simon - I don't seem to have permission to edit minimserver.options. Tried under Windows/CIFS and also NFS mounted it (as user 'guest').
01-12-2016, 18:22
(01-12-2016 17:39)Rufus McDufus Wrote:  Hi Simon - I don't seem to have permission to edit minimserver.options. Tried under Windows/CIFS and also NFS mounted it (as user 'guest').

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. I am accessing the N1 from Windows by opening a new Explorer window and typing \\x.x.x.x into the address bar where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the N1. Please do this, then right-click the file, select Properties and use Alt-PrtSc to take a screen capture of the Properties window, then post the screen capture here.
01-12-2016, 18:34
Well darn me it's working now! the only thing that happened was a reboot of the PC I'm working on. Well feel free to delete my posts if you like!
01-12-2016, 18:57 (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 18:57 by simoncn.)
This might become the recommended solution for this issue, so I will leave your posts there to make other people aware.

Another possible solution could be to disconnect and reconnect the network share.
25-12-2016, 22:37
Hello, does anyone have any information on developing the remote excuse application for the melco.?
27-02-2017, 10:57
Hello,

I'm getting a new Melco N1ZH/2 soon.

Does anybody know if the latest Minimserver version for Melco (MinimServer-0.8.4.5) is compatible with the new series 2 ?

I would like to avoid having to use Twonky which comes installed as default Smile

Thank you.
27-02-2017, 11:02
I'm wondering whether any benefits with the the new firmware 3.21, specifically markerless DSD playback/alternative (beta) render engine require using Twonky or whether these benefits are available if using Minimserver? I've tried the alternative playback renderer with USB and it sounds slightly worse to me over the standard one if anything.