Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
26-10-2018, 07:22
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
Am I right that the Melco has a dedicated ethernet to the streamer? In other words, the DSM isn't directly connected to the switch/router?
It sounds like, when it's setup like that, the Melco is somehow preventing your DSM from being discoverable outside your local network (or harder to discover anyway).
Not helpful, but could be why!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2018, 07:37
Yes Timster that is what I am getting at.
However I was talking to Sound Organisation in York yesterday, and they are having the same sorts of problems regardless of Melco.
I was told it could be the Linn server is overloaded. Once you get through it can take an age for a calculation to take place.
I suspect we are pushing Simon's hospitality here, so please pm me if you want to.
Cheers

Donuk
17-11-2018, 13:23
(21-09-2018 21:14)Gandharva Wrote:  
(18-09-2018 18:17)simoncn Wrote:  In a web browser, enter the address x.x.x.x:9790 where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the Melco. On this page, click "Rescan".

Many thanks for this Simon. I'll give it a go. Hopefully I'll be able to do this with my ipad.

I was trying different apps for controlling MinimServer on my Melco. When I tried Lumin, I found that in settings there is an option to force MinimServer to re-scan. Now I can load music without having to use a PC at all.

I still prefer Mconnect but it is useful having Lumin installed just for that single purpose.
29-11-2018, 08:44
MinimStreamer removal and Reinstall
Hello Simon,
I removed MinimStreamer package from my Melco.
My MinimServer is 0.8.5.2 Update 126.
MinimServer works fine after the removal of the MinimStreamer.
I have found that the presence of the MinimStreamer in the chain has some added values and I decided to reinstall it.
I followed carefully the instructions but the MinimStreamer package does not show up on the "available package" screen of the MinimWatch.
I restarted and relaunched Melco and MinimServer and it is still not there.
Please advise.
Thanks.
29-11-2018, 10:01
Are you sure the Melco has a working internet connection (not just to your home network)? This is required to install MinimStreamer.
29-11-2018, 15:17
Yes, it has a working internet connection.
I attach 2 files to present the scren information.
Thanks.

.pdf  packages available.pdf (Size: 215.48 KB / Downloads: 2)

.pdf  update minim.pdf (Size: 74.36 KB / Downloads: 3)
29-11-2018, 16:52
The red error message in the second image shows that MinimServer does not have a working internet connection. How is the Melco connected to your internet router?
29-11-2018, 17:20 (This post was last modified: 29-11-2018 17:21 by amiglick.)
(29-11-2018 16:52)simoncn Wrote:  The red error message in the second image shows that MinimServer does not have a working internet connection. How is the Melco connected to your internet router?

Melco is connected directly from the router to "Lan" on Melco.
I just ripped a cd through the Melco (external Buffalo CD Drive) and Melco found the database of the disc on the internet.
29-11-2018, 17:40
The problem is that the machine running MinimWatch (not MinimServer) does not have a working internet connection. My apologies for the incorrect information in my earlier post.
29-11-2018, 17:40
(29-11-2018 17:20)amiglick Wrote:  
(29-11-2018 16:52)simoncn Wrote:  The red error message in the second image shows that MinimServer does not have a working internet connection. How is the Melco connected to your internet router?

Melco is connected directly from the router to "Lan" on Melco.
I just ripped a cd through the Melco (external Buffalo CD Drive) and Melco found the database of the disc on the internet.

.pdf  Missing source.pdf (Size: 52.37 KB / Downloads: 4)