Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New to MinimServer: where to begin?
16-12-2014, 06:20
RE: New to MinimServer: where to begin?
(15-12-2014 19:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 14:23)Mbraham Wrote:  Thanks, but when I do this in XLD, the album art and counter get multiplied by the number of tracks on the album. Would you mind sharing how you've filled in each field in the XLD interface? Or perhaps more interestingly, how have you set the 'file naming'?

regards, M

I don't use XLD myself. Perhaps someone who uses XLD will be able to give advice about this.

I use both XLD (converting) and Metadatics (tagging). Metadatics lets me batch edit, add/subtract new and previously hidden tags, etc. Well worth the $10 to me.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 22:18
I'll look into Metadatics, another question, now that I got the various artists (at least the first ones) grouped correctly as such, is there a way to see the artists name in LDS too when selecting the album. I see the list of tracks/ songs, but no mention of the artists per song. I have the artists in the meta data, but haven't found a way to also see them in LDS. Would this be a minimserver issue or more LDS. Any thoughts?

regards, M
19-12-2014, 22:29
(19-12-2014 22:18)Mbraham Wrote:  I'll look into Metadatics, another question, now that I got the various artists (at least the first ones) grouped correctly as such, is there a way to see the artists name in LDS too when selecting the album. I see the list of tracks/ songs, but no mention of the artists per song. I have the artists in the meta data, but haven't found a way to also see them in LDS. Would this be a minimserver issue or more LDS. Any thoughts?

regards, M

MinimServer sends track artist information to the control point as well as album artist information. I suggest you ask the LDS developers whether LDS is able to show track artist information if this differs from the overall album artist.
20-12-2014, 03:26 (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 03:27 by jtwrace.)
(14-12-2014 22:02)Mbraham Wrote:  How would I set XLD to take care of the following sequence:
"Various Artists\Album Title\track number title song name artist"

thanks, M

You need to change those preferences in the file naming tab.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)