Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MinimServer & Naim NDX/n-Stream Playlists errors
30-12-2014, 10:58 (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 11:41 by rk1919.)
RE: MinimServer & Naim NDX/n-Stream Playlists errors
Thanks again Simon. Unfortunately my optimism was short-lived. Exactly as you predicted.
I've now tried to bypass the playlists from the Naim app and have tried making .m3u lists directly via Vox on a Mac. Despite specifying absolute paths the playlists are seen but contain no tracks. When I use relative paths the tracks are visible but I am worried that I all lose them when new albums are added.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2014, 18:57
(30-12-2014 10:58)rk1919 Wrote:  Thanks again Simon. Unfortunately my optimism was short-lived. Exactly as you predicted.
I've now tried to bypass the playlists from the Naim app and have tried making .m3u lists directly via Vox on a Mac. Despite specifying absolute paths the playlists are seen but contain no tracks. When I use relative paths the tracks are visible but I am worried that I all lose them when new albums are added.

If you are using absolute paths, they need to be valid on the machine (computer or NAS) that is running MinimServer. What machine is this and what are you using as a sample absolute path?

Using relative (or absolute) paths is safe as long as you don't change the locations of the files. Adding new albums won't cause any problems.
30-12-2014, 23:50
Using MimimServer on a Synology NAS. Seems ok with relative paths but still a pain to have to make playlists in this roundabout way rather than directly from the control point ie Naim App.
26-04-2015, 01:26
Hi Simon, I wanted to resurrect this thread to see if there are any new developments.

The last I heard was a comment made by TJ (Naim R&D designer) on their forum abut working with you on a fix.

"Simon (Mr Minim) and I are talking about this issue and have decided on a strategy to fix it. I will of course release to the beta team as soon as we have tested it internally. "

Regards
Nick
26-04-2015, 09:51
(26-04-2015 01:26)stampie Wrote:  Hi Simon, I wanted to resurrect this thread to see if there are any new developments.

The last I heard was a comment made by TJ (Naim R&D designer) on their forum abut working with you on a fix.

"Simon (Mr Minim) and I are talking about this issue and have decided on a strategy to fix it. I will of course release to the beta team as soon as we have tested it internally. "

Regards
Nick

I have made a change requested by Naim. They need to make a corresponding change at their end and I don't know whether or not they have done this yet. When did TJ make this forum comment?
26-04-2015, 20:16 (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 20:17 by stampie.)
(26-04-2015 09:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 01:26)stampie Wrote:  Hi Simon, I wanted to resurrect this thread to see if there are any new developments.

Regards
Nick

I have made a change requested by Naim. They need to make a corresponding change at their end and I don't know whether or not they have done this yet. When did TJ make this forum comment?
Back in February - They haven't made a change yet as far as I know - anyway the problem persists in the latest Beta
26-04-2015, 21:03
(26-04-2015 20:16)stampie Wrote:  Back in February - They haven't made a change yet as far as I know - anyway the problem persists in the latest Beta

That's about the same time that I sent the MinimSserver change to Naim. To get the MinimServer change, you need to be running update 59 or later. If you are on this level, you will need to wait for Naim to do the necessary.