Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem installing minim server on Synology NAS DS212J)
15-11-2014, 11:53
RE: problem installing minim server on Synology NAS DS212J)
(15-11-2014 01:40)pinchi22 Wrote:  Yes, I mean the blue "Synology Disk Station" app - rather than the MinimServer app - that I open on my control point (iPad3) when I can choose a UPnP server to play the music.

I have found an iPad app named DS Audio. Is this the app that you are using? This app is not a UPnP conrol point and is not using a UPnP server such as MinimServer or Synology Media Server to access your library. Instead, DS Audio looks for music files on your NAS HDD and plays these files directly from the HDD. If you are having problems with the DS Audio app, you need to contact Synology Technical Support for help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 16:29
(15-11-2014 11:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 01:40)pinchi22 Wrote:  Yes, I mean the blue "Synology Disk Station" app - rather than the MinimServer app - that I open on my control point (iPad3) when I can choose a UPnP server to play the music.

I have found an iPad app named DS Audio. Is this the app that you are using? This app is not a UPnP conrol point and is not using a UPnP server such as MinimServer or Synology Media Server to access your library. Instead, DS Audio looks for music files on your NAS HDD and plays these files directly from the HDD. If you are having problems with the DS Audio app, you need to contact Synology Technical Support for help.

Just to clarify, the only iPad app I am using for music is the Naim v4.2 one. Within Naim 4.2, I am selecting UPnP, and 2 choices now appear: "Synology DiskStation" and "MinimServer[DiskStation]". If I choose Synology DiskStation and then try to play a hi resolution flac file, I receive the "Can't play" message.
15-11-2014, 16:55
The Synology DiskStation comes from the Synology media server and has nothing to do with MinimServer. I suggest you look at the settings of the media server, maybe the DMA settings need changing for your setup. I can only confirm that the Synology media server on my DS212j has played 24/192 flac files on both Cyrus and Chord Electronics streamers.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors