Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cover.jpg album art question
12-11-2014, 22:34
RE: cover.jpg album art question
(12-11-2014 19:13)brownbear Wrote:  Yes, the artwork displays with Kinsky and foobar as control points, it shows on the PC and not the Oppo of course. The reason I want it to display with the Oppo is because I display the tags, track, etc on my TV when listening to music and I want the cover art to display as well.

Thanks for confirming this. The next step is to capture MinimServer trace logs to see exactly what XML data MinimServer is sending to the OPPO in the working case (with embedded artwork) and the failing case (with a separate cover.jpg file). Please do the following, taking care to follow all steps exactly.

First, create a trace log for the working case:

1) Power the OPPO off and on
2) From the minim icon, select Restart to restart MinimServer
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level from Info to Trace
5) Leave the log window open
6) Browse to a test album (with embedded artwork) using the minimum number of browsing steps and check that the album art is displayed successfully
7) In the log window, select 'Save as' to save a log file
8) In the log window, change the logging level from Trace back to Info

Second, repeat the same steps for the failing case:

1) Power the OPPO off and on
2) From the minim icon, select Restart to restart MinimServer
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level from Info to Trace
5) Leave the log window open
6) Browse to a test album (with a cover.jpg file) using the minimum number of browsing steps and check that the album art is not displayed
7) In the log window, select 'Save as' to save a log file
8) In the log window, change the logging level from Trace back to Info

You will now have two trace log files for the working and failing cases. Zip these files and attach them to a post here. Many thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2014, 01:45
Oppo finally got back to me with this:

Unfortunately this is not supported. The player will only be able to see embedded album art. Folder album art is being discussed, but is not implemented in any of our firmware releases.

Let me know if you still want the trace logs, I can probably get to it tonight.
13-11-2014, 08:59
(13-11-2014 01:45)brownbear Wrote:  Oppo finally got back to me with this:

Unfortunately this is not supported. The player will only be able to see embedded album art. Folder album art is being discussed, but is not implemented in any of our firmware releases.

This is interesting and also disappointing.

The UPnP specification provides a way for the server to send album art information to the control point, which the control point can display. It seems that the OPPO control point (presumably built in to the player) doesn't support this part of the UPnP specification. Instead, the UPnP renderer (also built in to the player) is reading album art from the audio files that it streams from the server.

I don't think there is any point is producing the trace logs. These will show that MinimServer is sending the correct information and the OPPO control point is ignoring this information.
13-11-2014, 17:47
(13-11-2014 08:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 01:45)brownbear Wrote:  Oppo finally got back to me with this:

This is interesting and also disappointing.

The UPnP specification provides a way for the server to send album art information to the control point, which the control point can display. It seems that the OPPO control point (presumably built in to the player) doesn't support this part of the UPnP specification. Instead, the UPnP renderer (also built in to the player) is reading album art from the audio files that it streams from the server.

I don't think there is any point is producing the trace logs. These will show that MinimServer is sending the correct information and the OPPO control point is ignoring this information.

OK, well thank you for the back and forth in trying to help. I do appreciate it!