Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting a set of tracks
08-10-2014, 21:06
RE: Selecting a set of tracks
(08-10-2014 20:33)simoncn Wrote:  The best way to handle this is to tag this set of four tracks as a Group. This is what many MinimServer users with classical collections are doing.

Retagging over 25000 tracks for minimserver doesn't really appeal. Can't I use my Work as being Group? I've been trying and failing to play Works (amongst other selections), which is why I keep nearly giving up (but am too stubborn for my own good).

I have tried to understand your description of group in the 'browsing' guide but some of the restrictions worry me, particularly the multi-disc one. I'll have to read it several times again, but I can't possibly start such a major undertaking without understanding every nuance. Further, I'd have to have a really usable linux CP before starting. Upplay is getting close, but it's not quite there yet.

Quote:Without Group tagging, you would need to back up one level from shot 1 and select Abbado Claudio. This isn't ideal because you don't know that this will be necessary until you have selected Abbado Claudio and seen there is only one album containing this work with this conductor.
Precisely. It's a pain. Further, I have to turn off the (useful) showExtras, otherwise I get the whole album and duplicates.

Quote:From shot 3, you should be able to select the Movement container and get all four movements in the correct order. What happens when you do this?
I'm straight back to the duplicates and more problem I have tried (and probably failed) to explain before. I get the whole album and some duplicates. If I turn off the (useful) showExtras I get the right tracks, but not in the right order.

There are other selections I do from time to time which don't involve whole works. So I may want to pick all tracks from La Boheme with two particular singers (Artists). When I get them on screen I can't just 'play' them as seen. No 'group' tag will help with this.

I really do want to play what I see on screen, no more, no less, however I have selected it, and regardless of any deeper meaning being imposed by the server on the data. The fundamental menu structure provided is great, partly because there is almost no meaning imposed on the data by the server - just tags in common. The meaning is imposed inside my head.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Selecting a set of tracks - Pastim - 06-10-2014, 09:09
RE: Selecting a set of tracks - Pastim - 08-10-2014 21:06