Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting a set of tracks
06-10-2014, 22:43 (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 08:01 by Pastim.)
RE: Selecting a set of tracks
(06-10-2014 21:09)simoncn Wrote:  To add all the items for an artist (etc.) with no duplicates, you can open the container and add the "n items" subcontainer (if your control point supports this).
I'm close to giving up, again. I seem to see 'n items' sometimes, but not for all types of tag, and I'm not sure quite if it's the same set in different control points or not.

I keep trying to make sense of UPnP. Your server seems great, but without a practical control point, the user interface is unprintably unusable, and so the server goes unused, however good it is. I find it hard to understand, given the many hundreds or thousands of compatible types of devices out there, but I suppose I must have been spoilt by LMS. It's a shame, but without a really usable end in sight what can I do? How come so many others manage to use it and I can't?

To be clear, most of my music is classical. I usually either play recital albums (which are OK with the current interfaces) or Works. My music is tagged with Works, Movements and WorkArtists, as well as Composers, Conductors and Bands (Orchestras), plus the standard Albums, Artists and AlbumArtists. The layout the server supplies to the CP is perfect for this, providing selections at each level that allow me to see Works or Movements by many different initial criteria. All I want to do then is to select at the level I want and play, but the CPs won't let me. It is madness. The data is all there, but no one seems to be able to use it..............
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Selecting a set of tracks - Pastim - 06-10-2014, 09:09
RE: Selecting a set of tracks - Pastim - 06-10-2014 22:43