Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to work the tags/artists being shown
13-11-2012, 15:28
How to work the tags/artists being shown
Hi Team, possibly a bit dense here, but I can't get my albums to show as intended. For some sort of reason all artists are now showing, also the ones with just one song on a compilation album. Further I need to drill down further to get to the Album to get the full album across in the 'playing field'. I wonder if it has to do with Leia or with Minimserver. Twonky looks different, so I think it is MS.
I predominantly listen to albums and have no need (at all) for playlists, so normally would go to folder view or artist view to select the band/artist I want to listen to. Once selecting the artist I would like to see all the albums, where I then would select the one I want to listen to. However in MS I select from the main tree 'Artist' where I then see ALL the artists available,selecting an artist gives me a tree again with albums, items, date, composer etc. Selecting the albums (I would have loved to see the albums here already at this point) I then can select the one I want to listen to, but at times then directly see all the songs instead of the album.
Guess I need to read up more on tagging.......
Direct question; if I want to reduce the tags being shown, where do I adjust that (if I can)? And how do I select an order in that?
Thanks, Rene
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 15:49 (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 15:50 by winxi.)
RE: How to work the tags/artists being shown
Hi, I think that 'User guide -> Browsing your library -> Index tag selection' at minimserver.com should answer all your questions.

@Simon: is it just for me that quick-inserting links, images, etc. in the forum is broken?
13-11-2012, 16:04
(13-11-2012 15:28)ReneZ Wrote:  Hi Team, possibly a bit dense here, but I can't get my albums to show as intended. For some sort of reason all artists are now showing, also the ones with just one song on a compilation album. Further I need to drill down further to get to the Album to get the full album across in the 'playing field'. I wonder if it has to do with Leia or with Minimserver. Twonky looks different, so I think it is MS.
I predominantly listen to albums and have no need (at all) for playlists, so normally would go to folder view or artist view to select the band/artist I want to listen to. Once selecting the artist I would like to see all the albums, where I then would select the one I want to listen to. However in MS I select from the main tree 'Artist' where I then see ALL the artists available,selecting an artist gives me a tree again with albums, items, date, composer etc. Selecting the albums (I would have loved to see the albums here already at this point) I then can select the one I want to listen to, but at times then directly see all the songs instead of the album.
Guess I need to read up more on tagging.......

When you see a list of songs instead of an album, this probably means the album contains songs by different artists. If you've already selected artist A, and the album contains songs by artist B as well, you'll only see the artist A songs. From this list of artist A songs, you can select "Complete Album" to view the complete album.

Quote:Direct question; if I want to reduce the tags being shown, where do I adjust that (if I can)? And how do I select an order in that?
Thanks, Rene

Try setting the listViewAlbums property to a very large number such as 9999. This will greatly reduce the tags that are shown. I don't understand what you mean by selecting an order.
13-11-2012, 16:06
(13-11-2012 15:49)winxi Wrote:  @Simon: is it just for me that quick-inserting links, images, etc. in the forum is broken?

I'm not sure what you mean by quick-inserting. Please provide more details of what you're trying to do that's not working.
13-11-2012, 16:16
(13-11-2012 16:06)simoncn Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by quick-inserting. Please provide more details of what you're trying to do that's not working.
E.g., when I press the 'Insert hyperlink' button, the following will be inserted: [undefined=undefined].
I tested now and this seem to happen just with Firefox (16.0.2). With IE, there are no problems of this kind. This didn't happen before and unfortunately I can't tell what has happened in the meantime.
13-11-2012, 18:10
(13-11-2012 16:16)winxi Wrote:  E.g., when I press the 'Insert hyperlink' button, the following will be inserted: [undefined=undefined].
I tested now and this seem to happen just with Firefox (16.0.2). With IE, there are no problems of this kind. This didn't happen before and unfortunately I can't tell what has happened in the meantime.

It's fine for me on Firefox 13.
13-11-2012, 20:45
Some googling revealed that there is a known problem with MyBB code buttons in combination with Firefox 16. just in case somebody other comes across this.