Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serving multiple graphics files to control point
23-09-2014, 23:44 (This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 23:48 by zekeblue.)
Question Serving multiple graphics files to control point
Hi Simon and everyone here,

I appreciate MinimServer very much. Smile I am running it on a Synology DS1513+ (IIRC). Control point is BubbleUPnP and renderer is a Stream Magic 6 (v.1).

I have cover graphic embedded in my music files and have a folder.jpg is each album folder. I also keep other graphic files with each album such as the back cover, liner notes, etc., all in jpg.

BubbleUPnP has a feature to "view in image viewer" from the now playing screen and has the facility for viewing multiple graphics files by swiping in its viewer. The Bubble developed tells me that multiple graphics files have to be made available by the server to have BubbleUPnP be able to display them.

The application is probably obvious. When listening to a track, I am looking at the cover art. I would like to be able to view the back cover, notes, etc. from Bubble rather than having to switch over to a file explorer app, navigate to the right folder and display the desired jpg.

Does this capability already exist in MinimServer? If not, is this something worth considering?

Thank you........

......zeke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2014, 07:04
RE: Serving multiple graphics files to control point
(23-09-2014 23:44)zekeblue Wrote:  Hi Simon and everyone here,

I appreciate MinimServer very much. Smile I am running it on a Synology DS1513+ (IIRC). Control point is BubbleUPnP and renderer is a Stream Magic 6 (v.1).

I have cover graphic embedded in my music files and have a folder.jpg is each album folder. I also keep other graphic files with each album such as the back cover, liner notes, etc., all in jpg.

BubbleUPnP has a feature to "view in image viewer" from the now playing screen and has the facility for viewing multiple graphics files by swiping in its viewer. The Bubble developed tells me that multiple graphics files have to be made available by the server to have BubbleUPnP be able to display them.

The application is probably obvious. When listening to a track, I am looking at the cover art. I would like to be able to view the back cover, notes, etc. from Bubble rather than having to switch over to a file explorer app, navigate to the right folder and display the desired jpg.

Does this capability already exist in MinimServer? If not, is this something worth considering?

Thank you........

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

MinimServer currently dosn't support this, mainly because of the lack of support in most control points. What format are your files (e.g., FLAC, ALAC, WAV, MP4/M4A, MP3)? Which tagging program do you use? Does your tagging prgram allow you to identify the different graphics as back cover, liner notes, etc.?
24-09-2014, 14:14 (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 14:15 by bubbleguuum.)
That's not exactly what I explained to zekeblue.

BubbleUPnP only supports one album art URL per track (albumArtURI in DIDL).
So if several albumArtURI were sent for front, back, etc covers, only one would be used.

What I was suggesting for users having multiple covers and wanting to display them in BubbleUPnP, is to browse the media server's filesystem folder hierarchy (if any) and see if it lists both music items and images. For MinimServer, that's the [folder view] hierarchy. However, MinimServer discard all non-music items when browsing this hierarchy. Thus no images.

Maybe it would interesting to also list images in a folder, at least for folders within the [folder view] hierarchy. I suppose this could also be generalized for music album containers, but potential side effects may be a problem (some Control Points may not expect getting music and image items in an album container).
24-09-2014, 16:05
(24-09-2014 14:14)bubbleguuum Wrote:  That's not exactly what I explained to zekeblue.

BubbleUPnP only supports one album art URL per track (albumArtURI in DIDL).
So if several albumArtURI were sent for front, back, etc covers, only one would be used.

What I was suggesting for users having multiple covers and wanting to display them in BubbleUPnP, is to browse the media server's filesystem folder hierarchy (if any) and see if it lists both music items and images. For MinimServer, that's the [folder view] hierarchy. However, MinimServer discard all non-music items when browsing this hierarchy. Thus no images.

Maybe it would interesting to also list images in a folder, at least for folders within the [folder view] hierarchy. I suppose this could also be generalized for music album containers, but potential side effects may be a problem (some Control Points may not expect getting music and image items in an album container).

Thanks for the clarification. What you are suggesting would effectively make MinimServer into a photo server as well as a music server. At the moment, I would prefer to keep MinimServer as a music server only.
24-09-2014, 16:53
Thanks to you both. Sorry bubbleguuum for twisting what you said during my travels from one forum to the other!

So it's a "maybe someday" kind of thing, so I'll continue developing my work around. Since I have a Samsung tablet with the "Multi Window" feature, it might help to make such viewing a bit smoother.

--------
Simon, to answer your original question, though I'm not sure it makes a difference at this point, I am streaming flac files and use Mp3tag.

......zeke